Photon V2+ 24" Lighting Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current schedule. I'm still toying with the section highlighted in yellow very slowly. I would like to bring the blues up to 55-60% and maybe the white up some more. The tank is still a little bit too blue for my liking during the day. I have the 50" fixture mounted in a canopy, about 8 inches above the water line, on my 90-gallon tank.

Photon Schedule 06.01.2020.png

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a 48 and now look for a light schedule. Do they also have preset manual schedules ?
Going on a waterbox 110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to revive an old thread. Looking to buy photon 24 v2+ for a 65 gallon tank (36x18x24) and was wondering if the one would be enough for mainly soft/lps corals?

Mindi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dj City, this isn't my current schedule, but the one I used over my 40g when I only ran one Photon. Now I have a 90g tank and it's 30" front to back, so I have 2 Photons for coverage and a trick look. The front one is very much like the schedule below and the one in back is much more blue. It makes the tank look like it's even more than 30" thick. BTW, my front fixture now runs some red and green (10% to 20% and back to 10%) during peak hours from 11am to 3 pm. But I really don't know that it makes any difference.

2017-03-20 06.27.54.jpg
Ron

I am a reefer with 10 years up and I dont know what I am doing. Just restarting after a break with a new 2ft cube and a 24" Photon V2+ so I will use your schedule above with gratitude. Much obliged.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron

I am a reefer with 10 years up and I dont know what I am doing. Just restarting after a break with a new 2ft cube and a 24" Photon V2+ so I will use your schedule above with gratitude. Much obliged.
Mindi, if you have any questions about anything related to the Reef Breeder Photon or the EverGrow (basically the same fixture with a few different leds), feel free to ask. I dealt with EverGrow for a couple of years when I worked for OceanRevive. I have a variety of Photons over 3 tanks and a good working relationship with Logan (the owner of Reef Breeders). BTW, I also have a PAR meter so I can understand what my lighting is doing. I don't consider myself an 'expert' when it comes to all things 'light' related, but I think I'm pretty knowledgeable.

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mindi, if you have any questions about anything related to the Reef Breeder Photon or the EverGrow (basically the same fixture with a few different leds), feel free to ask. I dealt with EverGrow for a couple of years when I worked for OceanRevive. I have a variety of Photons over 3 tanks and a good working relationship with Logan (the owner of Reef Breeders). BTW, I also have a PAR meter so I can understand what my lighting is doing. I don't consider myself an 'expert' when it comes to all things 'light' related, but I think I'm pretty knowledgeable.
Ron,lm buying the photon in a week or two and was wondering what height your running yours. My tank is 12" wide and 18" deep. Standard 55g. I'm concerned whether this tank is too narrow giving me too much spill over if I go too high.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron,lm buying the photon in a week or two and was wondering what height your running yours. My tank is 12" wide and 18" deep. Standard 55g. I'm concerned whether this tank is too narrow giving me too much spill over if I go too high.
Hi, just so you know when buying, they come with 90 degree lens but you can request 120's. I took mine completely out., but I have mine running only about 5 in off of water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back