Phytoplankton

Luis DaSilva

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I culture my own phyto, it's an equal part mix of nannaclhoropsis, tetraselmis, Rhodamonas, and Isochrysis ( cultured separately of course). I've been dosing pretty heavy about 64oz a day on a 240 gallon mixed reef and was wondering if there are any negative implications with doing so. To my understanding it's supposed to lower nitrates and phosphates but I'm noticing a steady climb, any recommendations on the dosage amount??

Thank you 👍
 
21b14500-49ca-469b-bcd8-3a7e11f18016.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new