Pick My Fish For Me!!!

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like high school I need someone to do my homework.

I'm tired, I have too many hobbies and not enough left to worry about fish. 90 gallon. 37 gallon sump. Reef safe. I have two clowns and one yellow tailed damsel who is super chill and just hides most of the time. A spicy urchin. I don't really care just tell me what to get and how many. Thanks.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Male Lyretail Anthia
Bristletooth Tomini tang
Orange spotted goby
and if you have 2+ inches of sand a Melanurus wrasse.
The Melanurus wrasse might eat some small snails but otherwise they're all reef safe.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re that pressed for time that you can’t pick your own fish. You shouldn’t have a saltwater aquarium.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re that pressed for time that you can’t pick your own fish. You shouldn’t have a saltwater aquarium.
1000004857.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the feeding schedule? If feeding often and varied stuff:
-Anthias as posted above
-Skip the melanurus, go for Radiant wrasse (Halichoeres iridis) and/or a Christmas wrasse (Halichoeres claudia). No? Why do you hate Christmas and happiness?
-Black leopard wrasse that is eating and healthy (Macropharyngodon negrosensis), because you hate Christmas and happiness. Just kidding, a leopard wrasse will make you happier than Billy Roy Rob after huffing your coral cement
- Kole tang or tomini tang, maybe whitetail bristletooth if you want to be that person that gets the better bristletooth than everyone else, yes that person
- Maybe an Anampses wrasse: china, twistii, red tail or yellow tail. Just like the leopard, make sure eating and healthy
- Midas blenny
- foxface (for the impending bubble algae explosion)
- optional: variety of flasher and fairy wrasses.

If only feeding once a day, pellets:
-Maybe a clownfish harem, sit back and watch the carnage?

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MaYbE I sHoLDnT hAVe a SALTwtr TaNK

I'm going to feed a few times a day. Ordered some pods yesterday. I hope they don't come to the house while I'm not there, Uncle Roy will think they are moonshine and drink them all.

1112's fish list was smarter than I realized. When I started researching them, by researching I mean poop googling, I realized they all sort of do something handy. I really need to up my fiber. After feeling came back into my legs I headed to the local fish store who told me to add even more fish and talked me out of the goby. Well really after seeing the piles of sand in his 180, yeah.

It would appear everywhere is out of pretty much all these fish. I have plenty of time.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MaYbE I sHoLDnT hAVe a SALTwtr TaNK
If im honest, we help you with ideas not pick them for you… you have to do the whole in depth research not someone else. We’ll do a quick summary but often it’s not enough to care for the fish and have them thrive. If you don’t have the time to pick your own fish, go with fresh water. It’s easier and less maintenance, not having enough time to pick the fish alone says you won’t be able to maintain a thriving reef system long term.

This isn’t meant to come off as rude or such but this hobby isn’t a “decoration”, you’re handling living animals and giving them the best life you can. These fish aren’t short term either, many can live for 30+ years.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the feeding schedule? If feeding often and varied stuff:
-Anthias as posted above
-Skip the melanurus, go for Radiant wrasse (Halichoeres iridis) and/or a Christmas wrasse (Halichoeres claudia). No? Why do you hate Christmas and happiness?
-Black leopard wrasse that is eating and healthy (Macropharyngodon negrosensis), because you hate Christmas and happiness. Just kidding, a leopard wrasse will make you happier than Billy Roy Rob after huffing your coral cement
- Kole tang or tomini tang, maybe whitetail bristletooth if you want to be that person that gets the better bristletooth than everyone else, yes that person
- Maybe an Anampses wrasse: china, twistii, red tail or yellow tail. Just like the leopard, make sure eating and healthy
- Midas blenny
- foxface (for the impending bubble algae explosion)
- optional: variety of flasher and fairy wrasses.

If only feeding once a day, pellets:
-Maybe a clownfish harem, sit back and watch the carnage?
I disagree with most of the wrasses as these guys need proper care when acclimating and not doing the research into them makes me think the OP won’t have the experience or knowledge to get them past that settling period. This especially goes for;
Anampses
Macropharyngodon
Halichoeres iridis
Cirrhilabrus
can also be difficult when introducing

This also goes for other species like the tangs

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree with most of the wrasses as these guys need proper care when acclimating and not doing the research into them makes me think the OP won’t have the experience or knowledge to get them past that settling period. This especially goes for;
Anampses
Macropharyngodon
Halichoeres iridis
Cirrhilabrus
can also be difficult when introducing

This also goes for other species like the tangs
Hey @i cant think , I'd say so too, but OP has been in the saltwater hobby for like 15 years and is known for laying out a bit of snark. I'd wager she knows a thing or two about a lot of fish, but maybe not wrasses, who knows!

Regardless, good advice if these fish are new to her!

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh... flaming prawn goby with lil shrimp friend.
Male Flasher wrasse and harem of females
Taste the rainbow with clown gobies, (yellow, citron, green, black, panda)
Midas or forktail blenny pair.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh... flaming prawn goby with lil shrimp friend.
Male Flasher wrasse and harem of females
Taste the rainbow with clown gobies, (yellow, citron, green, black, panda)
Midas or forktail blenny pair.
Discordipinna griessingeri isn’t a species that pairs with shrimp, species that pair with them are in the genera; Cryptocentrus, Amblyeleotris, and Stonogobiops.

Having a ‘Harem’ of flasher wrasses is also a bad idea. These will eventually all transition to male and likely end up fighting to the death until one or none are left.

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discordipinna griessingeri isn’t a species that pairs with shrimp, species that pair with them are in the genera; Cryptocentrus, Amblyeleotris, and Stonogobiops.

Having a ‘Harem’ of flasher wrasses is also a bad idea. These will eventually all transition to male and likely end up fighting to the death until one or none are left.
Lol, I just ran with pretty...didn't dig until afterwords.

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 Epinephelus itajara, they will "group" pretty well !
Excellent choice! They’re definitely a connoisseur fish and very underrepresented in the hobby. With a little luck in a tank that size, the 3 could blossom into a captive breeding business opportunity for the right person.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back