Pico Lighting Options

SnailQueen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a 29G reef with a Current Orbit IC Pro lighting system on it. I've gone as small as 10G before, but I'm currently debating converting my JBJ Picotope (that used to house a betta) into a pico reef. I know exactly what I want to do as far as flow, heating, etc. but I can't make a decision on lighting. I'm not unhappy with how the Current has performed, but I don't believe they make anything that would be size appropriate for a pico. I'd like to be able to grow softies and maybe some of the easier LPS, no plans for nems or SPS. What lighting would you recommend that 1. isn't total overkill for the size of the tank, and 2. either has its own inline timer or is capable of being hooked up to plug-in timer without issues? There are so many more options for lighting then there were the last time I shopped for lights that I'd love any thoughts or opinions! Thanks!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not unhappy with how the Current has performed, but I don't believe they make anything that would be size appropriate for a pico. There are so many more options for lighting then there were the last time I shopped for lights that I'd love any thoughts or opinions! Thanks!

... :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back