Pico Tank Needs Some Flow

Kehaulani

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
51
Location
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
So I have a 6.5 gallon bowfront imagitarian AIO tank that I picked up from Petco. I would like to try keep a few SPS corals in it but I don't know how to add more flow without making the tank look cluttered or creating a tsunami. Any suggestions on pumps or powerheads? I've been looking for wavemakers and powerheads but feel they may produce too much flow for the little tank. Here's a picture of the tank as is.
20180527_102844.jpg

TIA
 
hydor pico.
its better to go bare bottom and add live rock if you are shooting for acros. Monti's will grow without any fancy bells and whistles.
What light you are using?
 
+1 on Jebao SW2. Its compact and can produce enough flow to keep SPS in that size tank!!

Agree with @Ranjib on barebottom. Smaller tank, lesser issues!!!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new