OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s amazing! Does it still play? I just bought a reprint of the wall about a month ago. I’m slowly building my Pink Floyd vinyl collection. Still have 10 to go. I did just by a saucerfull of secrets last week as well. My kids are both 9 and are starting to get to know a lot of Floyd stuff. My sons favorite album is dark side of the moon. Last fall I was installing moonlights on my tank and my son was helping. I asked him if he wanted to put on a record and he said,”Can we listen to that black one with the triangle and rainbow?” It was enough to make me about tear up.
Don't you love it when your kids start listening to classics like Floyd. My 14 year old daughter has become a huge Waters/Floyd fan. She has over 8 hours of nothing but Floyd on her playlist....makes me so proud lol. I was really hoping to take her to see Roger in his This is not a Drill tour this summer but it has obviously been cancelled. Not sure if he is going to tour again or not.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question.....anybody know??

This, maybe? From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters

"In July 2005, Waters reunited with Mason, Wright, and Gilmour for their final performance together at the 2005 Live 8 concert in London's Hyde Park, Pink Floyd's only appearance with Waters since their final performance of The Wall at Earls Court London 24 years earlier.[81] ".

clown99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them on the Wall tour, about 35 years ago. Can't remember exactly the date.
My favorites, in order.
1. Wish you were here (Remember these timeless lines?
Did you exchange a walk in part of a war or a lead role in a cage
Can't find that in today's music)
2. Dark side of the moon (The song "Money" composition is out of this world)

We used to listen to them on a pair of Klipsch Heresy I, played on real vynil and Fischer tube receiver. Oh my, the memories are comming back. I got to go out back for a bit.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you love it when your kids start listening to classics like Floyd. My 14 year old daughter has become a huge Waters/Floyd fan. She has over 8 hours of nothing but Floyd on her playlist....makes me so proud lol. I was really hoping to take her to see Roger in his This is not a Drill tour this summer but it has obviously been cancelled. Not sure if he is going to tour again or not.
It is amazing! My daughter likes the Wall. She has been in a few plays with a local theatre group and the wall having the musical flair really speaks to her I think. I can’t wait until they are old enough to go to concerts. That’s too bad that Rogers tour was cancelled this summer. That would would be such a great forever moment to have with your kid. Hopefully it’s able to be rescheduled.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw them on the Wall tour, about 35 years ago. Can't remember exactly the date.
My favorites, in order.
1. Wish you were here (Remember these timeless lines?
Did you exchange a walk in part of a war or a lead role in a cage
Can't find that in today's music)
2. Dark side of the moon (The song "Money" composition is out of this world)

We used to listen to them on a pair of Klipsch Heresy I, played on real vynil and Fischer tube receiver. Oh my, the memories are comming back. I got to go out back for a bit.
Klipsch herseys on a tube reciever.................I’m a little jealous.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the new video from Roger complaining about not having rights to the official Pink Floyd website....

Do you think he should have access? I think he should be able to at least post content, tour information, etc but I don't think he should have free reign to do whatever he wants on there. Unfortunately he left the band on his own. He tried to sue for rights to the name (and to stop Pink Floyd from playing his music) but failed on both accounts. That being said, he is one of the original members and played a MAJOR part in their music, and more importanly their conceptual vision on their biggest albums.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the new video from Roger complaining about not having rights to the official Pink Floyd website....

Do you think he should have access? I think he should be able to at least post content, tour information, etc but I don't think he should have free reign to do whatever he wants on there.

I'm mixed on that. First tho I'm not on social media. No idea what David puts on there. But, if they could be civil and keep it strictly Pink Floyd, by all means. After all the back and forth between the 2, I don't see how it wont become more drama. Leave the politics and bull out.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you think he should have access? I think he should be able to at least post content, tour information, etc but I don't think he should have free reign to do whatever he wants on there. Unfortunately he left the band on his own. He tried to sue for rights to the name (and to stop Pink Floyd from playing his music) but failed on both accounts. That being said, he is one of the original members and played a MAJOR part in their music, and more importanly their conceptual vision on their biggest albums.

I don't know either. I never really followed the drama after Waters left, so I'm not familiar with the whys and wherefores and politics. I agree with you and with him that their body of work was collective, no matter how they ended up.

What I do think is that Waters comes across as being pretty bitter - understandably so! - but I have to wonder if that sense could be kept off the website. It seems more likely to me that the feud would go on and that it would be apparent, eventually even to the ruination of the name entirely.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wish they could move past there dispute. It would be wonderful if Rodger could be a part of the Pink Floyd collective, even if it was just on the website posting about new his tours and projects. He is right in that as fans we think of the band as the whole band from when the made their greatest work. We could could care less about their power struggles and disagreements. Rodger was initially wrong in trying to stop the remaining members from using the name and continuing on. He lost the legal battle, so David and Nick do have control. But now I feel David and and nick would do best by letting bygones be, and letting Rodger back into the fold. Even if they don’t legally have to.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they could move past there dispute. It would be wonderful if Rodger could be a part of the Pink Floyd collective, even if it was just on the website posting about new his tours and projects. He is right in that as fans we think of the band as the whole band from when the made their greatest work. We could could care less about their power struggles and disagreements. Rodger was initially wrong in trying to stop the remaining members from using the name and continuing on. He lost the legal battle, so David and Nick do have control. But now I feel David and and nick would do best by letting bygones be, and letting Rodger back into the fold. Even if they don’t legally have to.
Roger claims he has moved past the whole naming rights issue, but he obviously has not lol. I think it bothers him that Glimour isn't an original member but still has rights to the name. They actually had started moving past their issues with them performing together at Live Aid and Gilmour showing up at a few of Roger's solo concerts but it appears it has all started again.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know either. I never really followed the drama after Waters left, so I'm not familiar with the whys and wherefores and politics. I agree with you and with him that their body of work was collective, no matter how they ended up.

What I do think is that Waters comes across as being pretty bitter - understandably so! - but I have to wonder if that sense could be kept off the website. It seems more likely to me that the feud would go on and that it would be apparent, eventually even to the ruination of the name entirely.
I think that is the issue....I am obviously a Water's fan, but he has become grumpier and grumpier as he has aged lol. It wouldn't take long before he started pushing his political beliefs across the website when all he should be doing is posting tour info and things like his latest rendition of Mother.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am a huge Waters fan, I do like the post Roger Floyd stuff a lot.....Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are excellent (Dogs of War/Learning to Fly/Sorrow/One Slip/etc. all come to mind.....) Does it compare to their earlier work....probably not, but it is still very good. The one point I disagree on is with The Wall and Final Cut...those are my favorite two Floyd albums.....if you can even call Final Cut a Floyd album lol.
I would probably put The Wall up as the best concept album of all time, those it's a close call for me with Zappa's Joe's Garage. I was into it when it first came out. Now, for me, it has some good cuts, but I rarely listen to it all the way through anymore.

I never really got into Final Cut. Maybe it's because of the subject matter. I don't connect with it maybe because it's decidedly British in its context. I first heard it after the break up so it felt kind of flat to me. My favorite song off that album is Not Now John. That could be because I missed hearing Gilmour's voice...lol.

But I wasn't criticising those albums so much as pointing out that Pink Floyd essentially evolved into a back up band for Waters at that point and that is why the next two albums sound so different to me.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably put The Wall up as the best concept album of all time, those it's a close call for me with Zappa's Joe's Garage. I was into it when it first came out. Now, for me, it has some good cuts, but I rarely listen to it all the way through anymore.

I never really got into Final Cut. Maybe it's because of the subject matter. I don't connect with it maybe because it's decidedly British in its context. I first heard it after the break up so it felt kind of flat to me. My favorite song off that album is Not Now John. That could be because I missed hearing Gilmour's voice...lol.

But I wasn't criticising those albums so much as pointing out that Pink Floyd essentially evolved into a back up band for Waters at that point and that is why the next two albums sound so different to me.
Joe's Garage! Almost forgot about that gem. Must listen to that right now

Back