Pink Lady Urchin (Salmacis sp.)

marv1111n

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, does anyone have experience keeping pink lady sea urchins? Mine won’t come off the sand bed. It’s been staying down there ever since I got it back in February. It was supposed to clean my live rock from algae but seems much happier sifting through sand all day and night long. The only time I ever saw it up on the rocks was when I introduced it to the tank. I do feed a lot, and the sand in my tank is probably quite full of detritus (I siphon it whenever I do a water change, but I do those quite irregularly—whoopsie), but I thought they would eat algae.



Did anyone else make the same observation with theirs? Thinking of adding a tuxedo urchin soon, if this little pink guy prefers the sand over the rocks. I just need something that mows down my algae and enjoys doing so, because I don’t enjoy it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new