RhiD08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I went to my LFS yesterday to pick up some more inverts for my aquarium, specifically sand sifting inverts since my sand bed is thickish and gets dirty. I picked up 3 nassarius vibex snails and a sea cucumber.

The sea cucumber I picked up was a pink spiny sea cucumber. I know this sea cucumber is not a sand sifter and is actually a filter feeder but its pretty cool looking and adds colour to my tank so I would like to keep it but am unsure of how to care for it.

48CA07A8-BAFF-488F-B1CC-C0AC40438998.jpeg

I drip acclimated it for 30 minutes and then placed it in my tank, it went straight to the corner opposite my wavemaker where the flow is strong and has had its appendages open and been eating.

I was not told that this sea cucumber is poisonous if stressed or dead but now that I know that, I’ve been keeping a close eye on it!

Anyways, I just wanted to get some tips from people who are more experienced than I am in caring for these creatures. I also wanted to know if there is anything I should be feeding it and if there is anything I should keep an eye out for that would tell me that it’s dying!

Also, I realized that one of the nassarius vibex snails seems to NOT be a nassarius vibex snail so I just wanted to know if anyone could ID it!

115793E5-9D41-4216-A4BE-324F8D153332.jpeg

Thank you in advance for all the help and advice!

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I went to my LFS yesterday to pick up some more inverts for my aquarium, specifically sand sifting inverts since my sand bed is thickish and gets dirty. I picked up 3 nassarius vibex snails and a sea cucumber.

The sea cucumber I picked up was a pink spiny sea cucumber. I know this sea cucumber is not a sand sifter and is actually a filter feeder but its pretty cool looking and adds colour to my tank so I would like to keep it but am unsure of how to care for it.

48CA07A8-BAFF-488F-B1CC-C0AC40438998.jpeg

I drip acclimated it for 30 minutes and then placed it in my tank, it went straight to the corner opposite my wavemaker where the flow is strong and has had its appendages open and been eating.

I was not told that this sea cucumber is poisonous if stressed or dead but now that I know that, I’ve been keeping a close eye on it!

Anyways, I just wanted to get some tips from people who are more experienced than I am in caring for these creatures. I also wanted to know if there is anything I should be feeding it and if there is anything I should keep an eye out for that would tell me that it’s dying!

Also, I realized that one of the nassarius vibex snails seems to NOT be a nassarius vibex snail so I just wanted to know if anyone could ID it!

115793E5-9D41-4216-A4BE-324F8D153332.jpeg

Thank you in advance for all the help and advice!
Beautiful creature. I'd just start with looking up the thing and you'll find info. I whish I could help. It is cool.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back