Pink sun coral

Had some in my last tank and it was a very nice coral. I cut the top off of a 20oz bottle and drilled a hole in the cap just big enough for the syringe tip to feed it. I did it this way so that the fish wouldn't get to it first. It has to be manually feed and doesn't live off lights. Which you probably already know that but if not, it's useful information if you didn't.
 
1461899271891.jpg
 
Had some in my last tank and it was a very nice coral. I cut the top off of a 20oz bottle and drilled a hole in the cap just big enough for the syringe tip to feed it. I did it this way so that the fish wouldn't get to it first. It has to be manually feed and doesn't live off lights. Which you probably already know that but if not, it's useful information if you didn't.
Yea I have a frag of black Sun coral that I feed the same way. The pink isn't opening up yet but then again it was fragged today and brought to my tank so it might be a few .
 
Looks awesome!!
 
Looks great. Dumb question here as I have no experience with sun corals. Does each individual head have to be fed manually?
 
Looks great. Dumb question here as I have no experience with sun corals. Does each individual head have to be fed manually?
You know, that's a great question. I actually do try to feed each one of the heads. But I feed a little differently than most I would imagine.
 
Awesome! It looks great! With mine, I do try and feed each head, and it's doing really well. FWIW.
 
What are you guys feeding?
Mine isn't pink but still one of my favs it already anticipates feeding and does open some during the day :-)

20160622_215020.jpg
 
I use a slurry of reef chili, oyster feast microvert, zooplankton, and have phytoplankton, on my doser this overdoing it I guess lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new