Pink tip torch dying

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Wife got 2 new torches this week. Purple with green tips, and green with pink tips. We have 2 other torches in our 75 gallon that are doing wonderful.

Since adding these to the tank, the green/pink seems nearly dead. The other one however is flowing and opened like crazy.

Could this just be a bad torch, or didn't like shipping/dip?

Parameters are all good, lighting is the Current USA R24 Reef lights.

20210922_131802.jpg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a recent import that is on its way out before it got to your door.

I would be really careful about it developing BJD and potentially wiping out your other torches and possible other LPS in your system. It may still come around if it doesn't go the way of the brown slime but the cleaner shrimp checking it out isn't a good sign.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing it out there. I’ve read that on occasion they will sting each other, and in the picture it looks like it’s within range.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing it out there. I’ve read that on occasion they will sting each other, and in the picture it looks like it’s within range.
OH yeah I sat it closer to it since the other was doing so well. It was dying before I moved it there unfortunately. It's now completely gone sadly

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllias which includes hammers and frogspawns can be stung by torches. Torches together are fine as our Hammers and Frogspawns. That just looks like he got a bad one.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I can, it's a scientific fact. And so can the hundreds of people on here who maintain torches, including myself.
Someone else just said Malaysians don’t play nice, and I’d have to humbly request that you cite some source that proves that it’s a “scientific fact”.

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I can, it's a scientific fact. And so can the hundreds of people on here who maintain torches, including myself.
Huh, not what many of us have experienced. Guess you’ve just gotten lucky and know some pretty lucky people as well!
Someone else just said Malaysians don’t play nice, and I’d have to humbly request that you cite some source that proves that it’s a “scientific fact”.
Yeah I’m curious what source that info is from that made them so definitive that they’re best friends. Some torches have particularly powerful stings compared to others. Just like how some anemones will wipe out a tank, and others are surrounded with coral and can brush them with no ill effect. It’s a bit bold to claim all torches will be fine together no matter what though.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back