OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will send a picture as soon as I get one. The pipe fish went in her tank last night we saw the pipefish pecking at rocks so maybe thats good.

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like "SHE" needs to do alot more research regarding both pipefish and more importantly seahorses, if this is the situation you both are at currently in, PLEASE PUMP THE BRAKES because she has some studying to do before proceeding!
The pipe fish is going to my sister it is not my pipefish clearly I have no experience and it would not survive in a 60 gallon predator tank. I will tell her to do more research.

Claire Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some newly-hatched brine shrimp or pods, and feed some frozen cyclopeeze mixed in, along with the fine bits rinsed off frozen mysis. Sooner or later he's going to snick up a bit of frozen, and figure he can eat stuff that doesn't wiggle. They only have itty-bitty mouths, and can actually choke trying to eat bigger stuff.

Claire Austin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some newly-hatched brine shrimp or pods, and feed some frozen cyclopeeze mixed in, along with the fine bits rinsed off frozen mysis. Sooner or later he's going to snick up a bit of frozen, and figure he can eat stuff that doesn't wiggle. They only have itty-bitty mouths, and can actually choke trying to eat bigger stuff.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember, pipefish don't get skinny. They are in a sort of shell so you can't tell when they are starving until they croak. :cool:

OP
OP
MombasaLionfish

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news the pipefish has been pecking at pods on the glass and rocks.
Remember, pipefish don't get skinny. They are in a sort of shell so you can't tell when they are starving until they croak. :cool:
Thanks for the advice.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back