PizzaPro120 Gallon Chalice Reef

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup my 120 . It will be 90 percent chalices. The rest will be high end acans and zoos. I will go with not to much live rock as I have a big fish list. So far I have 2 plantuim clowns, Black tang and a male and female flame wrasse. My fish list for future will be a pair of lepord wrasse, borbonius anthias, dracula goby,all black goby and possible a third goby. I also will add some other wrasse. For lighting I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture with 3 led tubes. It is made by Icecap. The total water volume is 350 gallons. I dose 2 part and am looking at dosing kalk in future. Skimmer wise I have a ATB1050 and am very happy with it. The brains of my system will be the Apex when it is up and running. It will be really nice to control my tank from my phone. I run carbon and gfo in a reactor and it is changed every month. I also have started to dose MB7. A list off the top of my head for chalices are ARC wanted,Mings mummy eye,oregon mummy eye,oringal mummy eye,emarld mummy eye, ktars raging river,ktars dragon phoniex, wwc bubble gum monster, tyree pumpkin patch,insane watermelon,tyree watermelon,wwc my miami,convict,sunny d,doomsday,wwc fireball,ktars melting pot,ktars jail break,pink ******* and a ton more. I just cant think of the names. I am not home. I will post pics tonight and add on to the tank list. If you guys have any advice please post it.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! looking forward to seeing pics as well. :)

what bulb combo are you going to use?

OP
OP
Pizzapro83

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0832.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just re designed my 66gal to do this!!

I took all of the montis and acros out..

Cant wait to see some pics!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol,some how i didnt see that.

What chalices are those in the picture? Looks like you have a nice start!

OP
OP
Pizzapro83

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KLR I love the new look. The black tang is hard to get a pick of seeing I dont know how to take a pic. Any pointers. I have a Canon Rebel XS. I never was into fish in my old tanks. I really like the change so far. The flame wrasse pair add so much color and life to the tank

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just telling a friend of mine,that I wanted to make my 125 into a chalice tank,haha!

LMK how this one turns out...I love chalices myself...

OP
OP
Pizzapro83

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just telling a friend of mine,that I wanted to make my 125 into a chalice tank,haha!

LMK how this one turns out...I love chalices myself...
I love it so far. I have some more work to do. I added to much putty the last two days and my skimmer is going crazy. For the last year I have been bored with my tanks. This tank has my blood going. It feels like the first time I setup up a tank. I just stared at the ro drops coming out at dumped a cup in at a time cause I couldnt wait. I cant wait for my red plate from WWC!!!!!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha!Nice!

I know the feeling,I an bored with my 125 currently to,Im going to fix that very soon!

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've certainly got a good eye for coral, glad to hear the Tang & Wrasses are doing well. Looking forward to some of your delicious Pizza on Friday! :D

OP
OP
Pizzapro83

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've certainly got a good eye for coral, glad to hear the Tang & Wrasses are doing well. Looking forward to some of your delicious Pizza on Friday! :D

I cant for friday!! I get 90 percent of my coral from you. So thank you for having good taste. The fish are doing great!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back