PJ Cardinal Fish Aggression

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have 2 pajama cardinals in my 75 gallon tank. The smaller one is being chased away by the larger one frequently and has been staying at the top corners of the tank. It is still eating but it is probably stressed. Should I rehome it? I don't want to get more of them

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have 2 pajama cardinals in my 75 gallon tank. The smaller one is being chased away by the larger one frequently and has been staying at the top corners of the tank. It is still eating but it is probably stressed. Should I rehome it? I don't want to get more of them
How long have you had them?

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it to a hobbyist for free that can take care of it and pick it up. I'm located in Flushing Queens. Message me if you're interested

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option would be to get a third. Unless already paired up, having just 2 fish of one species is just asking for one to get bullied. If you have three the aggression will be reduced as the bully has more than one target

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would opt to re-home. I have experienced increased aggression when adding a third as two eventually become a mated pair and the third wheel gets the boot. Side note pj’s need to be added all at the same time and they can be hit or miss. I usually add a damsel in to let them know their not the bad ***** they sometimes think they are ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back