PJNano's Softie plus more 29

PJNANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone. I just joined yesterday and wasn't planning on doing a tank thread just yet, but in an effort to up my chances of winning the
"Frostbite SubZero Clownfish & Prize Pack Giveaway! Sponsored by Sustainable Aquatics"
here I am.
I currently have a Coralife BC29 with upgraded Steve's LED retrofit lighting. The tank has been up and running since Oct. 2013. It has gone through many aquascape transformations, and lots of ups and downs, including the usual Cyano, diatoms, dinoflagelttes, bubble algae, and the hardest yet-Bryopsis.
I've discovered two of what I consider miracle treatments in the past couple of months. They are Fluconozol for Bryopsis and hair algae. And Vibrant For just about everything else.
My hope is to add a second larger tank in the near future. Not sure what as of yet. I think I'd like a peninsula.
I am also looking to get a smaller, 5-10 gallon for a florida specific tank.

But on to what I have now:

Equipment:
Coralife BC29
Steve's Led's-10 10,000K white, 14 Royal blue, 4 cool blue. programmed with 3 hour fade in and out. All blues 10 am to 10pm. Whites 11:00 am to 8 pm
1st chamber stock return pump
2nd chamber pump for chiller-Coralife 1/10 HP set to 78 degrees.
Stevie T's Intank media basket with filter floss and Carbon. GFO added as needed.
3rd chamber empty.
100 watt heater
Maxspect Gyre XF 130 pump

Tunze Osmolator nano 3152 ATO
Bubble Magus T11 3 pump dosing pump-not yet hooked up
Livestock:
Fish:
2 percula clowns- 1 has been with me since the beginning, the 2nd added last year some time
1 diadema basslet- bee with me since a 5 gallon no longer set up-maybe 5 years old.
Inverts:
Assorted snails and hermits.
RBTA
Large neon green Hammer colony
small gold hammer colony
small pink frogspawn
2 head neon torch
5 head duncan
Large toadstool with baby growing
Assorted acans
assorted zoas
un-named brain
pipe organ
2 RFA's
blue mushrooms
indestructible pulsing xenia

Water Chemistry:
I use natural ocean water harvested locally by LFS
RO/DI purchased from LFS
I try to keep my dKH around 8.4. Ca 820-840, Mag 1350.
Currently using Seachem reef builder and reef advantage. occasional dose Iodide.
Plan to switch to Continuum 2 part when I get the auto doser figured out.

I have a very thin sand bed, and not sure how much live rock.

I've lost many along the way. The tank seems happiest with only 3 fish. any time I try to add another I lose it within a couple of months. For the sake of the fish, I've stopped trying. Shrimp usually last about a year or so.
I think I've starved my emerald crabs by getting rid of all my algae. Too clean is not necessarily a good thing.

That's about it for now. I will try to get some pictures posted soon.

Thanks for looking,
Penny

OP
OP
PJNANO

PJNANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curent FTS 3/12/17
IMG_3706.jpg

OP
OP
PJNANO

PJNANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first 2 sps corals. Did some rearranging in order to accommodate them higher up in the tank. In the process I realized I completely hid my blue mushroom colony so will have to redo it again. Also found an RFA that went missing a few days ago. I thought it had just moved because I thought it was fine. However, It is all but completely gone. Don't think I can save it but I'm trying. Moved to quarantine tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back