Plating sponge care?

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted a sponge for a while and I think I finally found something that will work(Collospongia spp.). As far as I have researched, people either fail at keeping these completely or they take over, and they like high nutrients, high flow, and a reasonable amount of light. They also seem to be susceptible to chemical pesticides or medicine. Have anyone had these before? Do they need exceeding stability like acros? Are the red ones and purple ones any different? Will they die to coral stings?

Also, where would one acquire one in Canada? I have literally never seen this animal here before, let alone have an opportunity to purchase it.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Canada? Zero idea. You could try Bayside Corals (the owner typically access to exotic stuff on occasion).
Doesn't seem to have any. No sponges at all. I'm going to try to look local and see if I can find any, currently liveaquaria is the only place that carries them as far as I can tell.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back