Plating sponge care?

Alpha_and_Gec

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2023
Messages
743
Reaction score
480
Location
Vancouver, BC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted a sponge for a while and I think I finally found something that will work(Collospongia spp.). As far as I have researched, people either fail at keeping these completely or they take over, and they like high nutrients, high flow, and a reasonable amount of light. They also seem to be susceptible to chemical pesticides or medicine. Have anyone had these before? Do they need exceeding stability like acros? Are the red ones and purple ones any different? Will they die to coral stings?

Also, where would one acquire one in Canada? I have literally never seen this animal here before, let alone have an opportunity to purchase it.
 
In Canada? Zero idea. You could try Bayside Corals (the owner typically access to exotic stuff on occasion).
Doesn't seem to have any. No sponges at all. I'm going to try to look local and see if I can find any, currently liveaquaria is the only place that carries them as far as I can tell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new