Pleasant surprise

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 6 month young 30G ornamental seaweed lagoon was started with diver collected sand & live rock from 30 miles west of Tampa and 30’ deep on a lease started in mid 1990’s with 7 million pounds of Bryozoan limestone mined from inland quarries and barged to lease. I added a small flame scallop and red tree sponge 3 months ago. The scallop disappeared the first day. NOW, I found him.

This rock is fully blanketed with colorful coralline algae's, these algae's come in multitudes of fascinating shades of purple, reds, oranges, peaches and yellows. Most rocks contain bryzoans,orange leather sponge,gracilaria algae,halimeda, sea grapes, cluster corals, and cup corals. All of our premium decorative live rocks contain seeded plant life,both macro and micro algae.All pieces are hand collected fresh from our gulf lease site by our diving staff and shipped directly to our customers.We do not use any chemicals in our process. The rocks pictured are for example only. All of our premium decorative live rock is as good or better than the rocks pictured. This is Florida Aquacultured live rock.

All of our live rock comes from our personal Federal Aquaculture Lease site located 10 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. All of our rock was planted on the ocean floor in 1994. So you can image how much marine life has grown on it in over the last 15 years. We have live rock in all different sizes and we can custom fit your order. Our premium decorative live rock starts at $5 a pound. We offer wholesale prices on larger volume orders.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool - but really your live rock is 27 years old???

Yes. It was mined inland dry 28 years ago. I have purchased rock for 10 yrs from Gulf live rock. They are slated to add 1 million pounds in May and 5 million in July. The diver owner plans on making videos of project.

In my two ornamental seaweed lagoons, that rock is 6 months removed from Gulf of Mexico after having been placed 27 years ago.

Last edited:
Back