Please Help Identify (Vid Included)

SpclKay84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

So. My tank has been established for a little over 3 months now and for the last week I've noticed this dang worm thingy. I can't see it when the lights are off, but once the day time lights come on I notice something moves quickly then hides. After a while I see it peek it's "head" out and starts to move from rock to rock. I just need to know if it's ok to keep even tho it's UGLY as heck! Or to get rid of it and if so HOW?

Ok while I was uploading the video I noticed that there's literally "TWO HEADS" the second one is towards the bottom of the screen...

Link to video.....

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. You might need a better shot. I couldn't see nathan! Might be a hitchhiker of some sort. Your rocks look mature for 3 months, so I assume you put live rock in your tank. May have brought home something with them. May need a fish or two to handle that problem or try to physically remove it.

OP
OP
SpclKay84

SpclKay84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. You might need a better shot. I couldn't see nathan! Might be a hitchhiker of some sort. Your rocks look mature for 3 months, so I assume you put live rock in your tank. May have brought home something with them. May need a fish or two to handle that problem or try to physically remove it.

Awe really you couldn't see anything? I notice the second head like towards the bottom left of the screen... :[

But yeah I did indeed get live rock so it fer sure caught a ride with it. You mentioned a fish or two... Which ones will seek out something like that and eat it? Or physically remove it with my hands!? Or the rock itself??:(

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a bristle worm, which is harmless. I think I saw a little figure moving around. But still can't tell what it is. If it is long enough, you may be able to pluck it out with your hand. Wrasses might be able to seek them out. May need to add a small CUC. Clean up crew. A shrimp maybe a crab or snails.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so, It's more worm like if that makes sense.... Were you able to see the video good or should I try and get another?

Try for another. If you can, lay the phone flat on the glass so it doesn't move around.

OP
OP
SpclKay84

SpclKay84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I tried to get another vid hopefully this one is a little better and y'all can help me.... It's lights out now so if this doesn't work we'll try again tomorrow...

p.s. please excuse the audio

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see tentacles on that ther monster. Otherwise I can't tell what it is :D.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peanut worm?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cucumber.
sea-cucumber-8.jpg

OP
OP
SpclKay84

SpclKay84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @KJ I did a little more research and it does indeed look like I have a cucumber/medusa worm on my hands!

From my research it seems as though this guy is ok to keep however I noticed it's reproduced! ;Nailbiting I've already plucked at least four of the babies and I felt so bad in doing so but they're hatching in green hair algae surrounding my clove polyps which haven't opened in days.....

I know someone mentioned picking up a Wrasse which I plan on doing so, but now I wanna know your opinion in keeping them????

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back