Please Help identify

kanesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning to this on my clown fish. Any ideas what it is and how to treat.

16885790846998432812833761177590.jpg 16885791596142782941863450772120.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like brooklynella with secondary bacterial lesions. The visible mucus generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria. Other symptoms will be lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.

OP
OP
kanesaquatics

kanesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,the more info the better
I will post it soon. Thank you.

OP
OP
kanesaquatics

kanesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like brooklynella with secondary bacterial lesions. The visible mucus generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria. Other symptoms will be lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to

Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective but now harder to find) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
The one affected is still acting like normal. Still eats , still highly active. So far. But I will look for those treatments. Thank you!

OP
OP
kanesaquatics

kanesaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate- 0.20 ppm
Alkalinity- 14.4 dkh
Calcium- 396 ppm
Ph- 8.5
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Nitrate- 5 ppm
Ammonia- done the test 3 times all came out to 0
Salinity- 1.026
Tank size a 13.5
Two clown fish and some zoas/one green star an one snail.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Phosphate- 0.20 ppm
Alkalinity- 14.4 dkh
Calcium- 396 ppm
Ph- 8.5
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Nitrate- 5 ppm
Ammonia- done the test 3 times all came out to 0
Salinity- 1.026
Tank size a 13.5
Two clown fish and some zoas/one green star an one snail.
Alk is elevated but nothing t do with issue on fish
Alk safe range is 8-11dkh

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back