Please help, it won’t shut up

A couple pointers:

1. I've never seen a durso made with two elbows. You want a tee, street elbow, and end cap. Also, ideally, with 1 inch bulkhead, use 1 1/4 pipe.

2. You want the smallest hole in the end cap, but not too small. My suggestion here is to first, don't glue the end cap, and start with a very small hole. If too small, drill slightly larger. If you go too large, simply pull off the end cap and start over.

3. You want to make the height adjustable. Moving it up or down "tones" the durso. You can do this by searching how to DIY an adjustable durso, or not gluing one of the lengths and using coupling, try different lengths of pipe.

Let me Google and see what I find:

HERE's a start.
 
The one inch drains on my current tank will handle at least 800gph just with the siphon, nothing going down the secondary at all so I think you should be fine. I would just plan on using the saggier side as the secondary so that the extra air in it doesn’t become a huge issue, but if you could, moving it or shortening it to cut out that extra bend would be best.

It’s good to hear that I’m not crazy sometimes!
Just as a proof of concept I just adjusted the water flow and use my fingers as a gate valve, LOL automatically solve the issue and everything went Almost silent immediately Thank you so much I’ll definitely be implementing this today.
 
Just as a proof of concept I just adjusted the water flow and use my fingers as a gate valve, LOL automatically solve the issue and everything went Almost silent immediately Thank you so much I’ll definitely be implementing this today.
Glad to have helped! I know the noise from mine drove me crazy until I got it dialed in properly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new