Please Help! Midas Blenny looks bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter MCooper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
936
Reaction score
538
Location
Aventura, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
After quarantine for about 5-6 weeks I just drip acclimated my fish. Pair of longnose hawks and a midas blenny. Tanks match salinity and all parameters other then 2 degrees of temp. Dripped them for 1 hour and placed them in the tank. The longnose pair are doing perfect but my midas blenny is in the middle corner by the drain with his head above the water breathing heavy.
Anything I can do or just wait and hope for the best?
 
Oh no.. something stressed him :(
I am not sure who all is in today [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
@4FordFamily ?
 
Wait it out, that is all you can do or drop the blenny back in the QT to see what happens.
 
It sounds stressed, but switching tanks can be stressful. I wouldn't worry too much.

In the future, matching the qt's parameters of salinity and temp to that of the dt will eliminate the need for an acclimation from the qt to the dt.
 
It sounds stressed, but switching tanks can be stressful. I wouldn't worry too much.

In the future, matching the qt's parameters of salinity and temp to that of the dt will eliminate the need for an acclimation from the qt to the dt.

I will make the temps match for sure after this. Thank you
 
I you give it 2 hours so that he can find a hiding spot
 
My midas did that for a few days after introduction to the DT - pushing across the surface like a blowing sperm whale. Made me nervous about illness and jumping both. Now, a month later, he never does it at all.

~Bruce, with hopeful reassurance.
 
It sounds stressed, but switching tanks can be stressful. I wouldn't worry too much.

In the future, matching the qt's parameters of salinity and temp to that of the dt will eliminate the need for an acclimation from the qt to the dt.
X2 I agree on all counts
 
Well, I went out for a few hours with the lights off and when I returned he is not doing that behavior any longer, nor can I find him. He must be hiding, so just hope he is able to adjust.
Will see over the next few days. Thank you everyone for the input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new