Please help Neptune Apex not responding

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can give me some guidance. My Apex is only a couple months old. It looks like it's functioning properly with all lights looking appropriate. The app appears to be connected but it's not doing anything. Trident is not conducting tests, Dos is not performing water changes, etc. I've tried resetting it multiple times and nothing has changed. I saw a similar post on the neptune support site but it was never answered. Can anyone help?

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control anything manually via fusion? Ie — if you tell trident you purge sample line, does it?

just trying to determine if it’s a problem with automation or communication.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer, I don’t have an Apex, but the reason they are rated below 4 stars on BRS is reliability, specifically the connectivity issue you are having now. The customer service stories are sadly pretty epic, I hope they make it right for you, keep us updated.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer, I don’t have an Apex, but the reason they are rated below 4 stars on BRS is reliability, specifically the connectivity issue you are having now. The customer service stories are sadly pretty epic, I hope they make it right for you, keep us updated.
I’ve been a Neptune user for about 10 years now and never have had a problem so stop telling stories please….and neptunes has always taken care of me when I have had other issues..

OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked it again. It is monitoring with the probes. Trident and DOS have not been running scheduled tests or water changes. I’ve tried multiple times to initiate a manual water change and the the DOS seems unresponsive. I was however able to initiate a manual test with the trident. I tried again to do a manual water change and nothing happens. It’s possible it’s just the DOS unit running my AWC but I can’t find anything wrong with it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve been a Neptune user for about 10 years now and never have had a problem so stop telling stories please….and neptunes has always taken care of me when I have had other issues..
Neptune of all the industries and companies has offered me Nothing but Superb service, communication and followup

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hoping someone can give me some guidance. My Apex is only a couple months old. It looks like it's functioning properly with all lights looking appropriate. The app appears to be connected but it's not doing anything. Trident is not conducting tests, Dos is not performing water changes, etc. I've tried resetting it multiple times and nothing has changed. I saw a similar post on the neptune support site but it was never answered. Can anyone help?
Hit reset button on back and unplug system. BUT . . . Before that, assure your wifi is working as Apex wontdo certain functions with absence of WiFi

OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit reset button on back and unplug system. BUT . . . Before that, assure your wifi is working as Apex wontdo certain functions with absence of WiFi
Thanks for the reply. I’ve reset it several times hoping this would fix it but it hasn’t helped. Once after resetting it started a water change but stopped after a few minute.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m sure some folks have fewer issues, refreshed my memory on the reviews - as of now this is the first page on BRS, newest to oldest

95C01B7F-6079-434B-9218-999254D6B21E.jpeg
4C836A78-FA75-4A60-A75B-32FFBD268C6C.jpeg
58326EE9-1744-40F6-90A9-E978F8A1DBE0.jpeg

53C5CF7B-95A1-4145-9CE8-EB88EB224368.jpeg

B76D071F-CFEA-4650-B0B0-4BCFA8907170.jpeg

48D3EE3C-5E87-40A1-A9EB-FD59074399BB.jpeg

BB960801-E67A-4A30-8482-A85D4FE659CD.jpeg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked it again. It is monitoring with the probes. Trident and DOS have not been running scheduled tests or water changes. I’ve tried multiple times to initiate a manual water change and the the DOS seems unresponsive. I was however able to initiate a manual test with the trident. I tried again to do a manual water change and nothing happens. It’s possible it’s just the DOS unit running my AWC but I can’t find anything wrong with it.
The dos can not be set up to do both auto water changes and manual water changes you need to pick one or the other and perform that setup task from the menu.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dos can not be set up to do both auto water changes and manual water changes you need to pick one or the other and perform that setup task from the menu.
As far as you trident not testing automatically but will do a manual test. Make sure the setting is set to automatic and not manual when you click the gear in upper right corner of trident tab. Maybe post a pic here so we are sure you got it

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So another words your Apex is working it’s your trident and dose which is most likely not set up properly that is not working is this correct?

OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. Keep in mind, Neptune customer support evaluated my unit remotely and determined it was faulty which is why they sent the new one. It's not just the AWC, it's multiple issues. Trident is not responding like it should either.

OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So another words your Apex is working it’s your trident and dose which is most likely not set up properly that is not working is this correct?
No. You're obviously missing the whole part where Neptune tech support isolated a hardware failure in my Apex. Apparently you want to act like i'm stupid. This used to be a forum where snarky condescending replies were discouraged. Thanks for nothing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. You're obviously missing the whole part where Neptune heck support isolated a hardware failure in my Apex. Apparently you want to act like i'm stupid. This used to be a forum where snarky condescending replies were discouraged. Thanks for nothing
Also, I think you meant "in other words"

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I think you meant "in other words"
OK correct someone else’s grammar and at the same time find someone else to help you. I was just trying to help good luck all I Gotta say is my Apex both of them and both of my Trident work fine

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Apex for 10 years now with no issues you’re a couple month user and I’m sure you think you know everything. You’re the one that said the app looks like it’s connecting but nothing is working I was just trying to clarify things before I gave you my opinion but now I will bow out

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 107 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back