$$$Please help$$$ porcupine puffer skin peeling !!!

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers are particularly sensitive to ammonia, and cloudy eyes are a common issue in weak or sick puffers as I believe I see.

Not sure on the rest but the eyes may well be an infection. Pealing skin typically brook. Are the clowns showing any symptoms?

Clowns are not showing anything . It’s been a day he seems fine other that the external symptoms .
His eyes move actively and he swims up to me when I put my hand near . He is still very fast and alert . He just won’t eat .
One eye has cleared up half way .
I dipped him in Paraguard for an hour
Today not sure if that was the right thing to do but I did

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend getting an ICP-OES test done so you can just get a full-spectrum insight into anything that you may not be familiar with. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/icp-oes-testing-kit-triton-1.html is one place to get it but if your lucky there might be some researchers locally that have this equipment. If your trying to speed up the process and don't want to wait for the test kit to arrive to you...you can go to your local store and pick up a small container like a urine sample jar and then just send it in... you'll actually save some money this way and its what I do.
I’ll look into it. Thanks for the input
I’ve done 2 water changes and I will buy copper tomorrow I spent 1000 dollars today on tank improvements so hopefully it will make son difference

Clueless Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck - I know that the first time that I did the ICP-OES test I was super surprised to find that I had raised levels of Aluminum. Another thing that I would try if you think the little guy's immune system is down is soaking the food in Selcon and I've also read a bunch that adding garlic has benefited people too... just do some research if puffers can eat garlic.

Clueless Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that buddy; I forget if you already mentioned if your running a UV Sterilizer or not? My research on them is that all the halfway decent ones cost $300 and up and they can sometimes assist with things like this. It still might not be a bad idea to get an ICP test done to just see what your baseline is if you haven't already sent it in.

Back