Please i need your help...something its wrong???

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my IM lagoon 25 , but after starting using reef roids, polip lab booster, marine snow and seachem fuel, everything change... i just using in the recomended direction, just one time a week including amino fuel...
The tank its about 3 months old , i have a few corals, a couple acros and sps , some zoas...i make 5 gallon water change a week using instant ocean salt, my parameters are really stables for always, no change or fluctuation
Alk-8.5
Ca-425
Mag-1350
Temp-78*
Salt-1025
Skimmer working awsome, esshops nano, pulling out a lot of nasty stuff
Illumination - aquatic life hybrid 24" with 3 ati blue plus and 1 ati actinic bulb for about 4 hours in combination with hydra 32hd just running a ab+ program only at 50%

Last week the tank starting to get brown algae into the sand, rocks and glass...i clean the glass and after 1 hour its complete cover again with this brown color...easy to clean but... no stop
I found my phosphate going up until 0.25 just a couple days usin that food for my corals, my nitrates are fine, 2-3 i think because weekly water change...
My corals looks happy, full polip extention include my acros...just a little less vibrant color..the system its 25 g , so a little issues can be tremendous problem...
I dont know whats going on, ? Or what i need to do for fixed or maybe its a part of the mature way... im running intermitent a aquamaxx reactor with gfo, and chemi pure blue 5.5oz in the back...now mi po4 its under 0.3 isnt to bad , but after a week i dont see improvment
Hey guys PLEASE WHAT DO YOU THINK? I KNOW YOU HAVE ALL READY THE ADVICE TO ME ...PLEASE
AND THANK IN ADVANCE

20200602_124906.jpg 20200602_125210.jpg 20200602_125332.jpg 20200602_125110.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a ridiculous amount of products you are using especially for a 3 month old tank. Heck you are probably not through the uglies yet.
Go back to routine water changes, do not chase the numbers and cut back or stop adding so much product.
I have had nanos for a long time, many sps dominate. You are over thinking it.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think you're doing too much, too fast. You are dosing a ton of products for a relatively small tank with minimal corals. Some tanks can handle all of the additives you're dosing, while others can't without issue. If I were in your shoes, I would simply go back to regular water changes for the time being. I would then make sure my phosphate and nitrates were stable and where I want them. Then I might add the reef roids once a week, only after confirming my tank is stable. I would monitor my nutrients to ensure they were still stable. If then you wanted to add the snow or amino acids, you could do so, but I would do one at a time to see the effect it has on the tank. A 3 month old tank is a pretty volatile environment and adding so much coral food, amino acids, whatever polyp booster actually is, etc. is probably not helping the stability of the tank.

I think you're overthinking things. I personally wouldn't be dosing any of those products at this point.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be just some maturation "uglies". You could rule out dinoflagellates with this test:

Get a sample of the brown gunk in a jar with some tank water.
Shake it up very hard so that it almost dissolves.
Pour that through a coffee filter into a clear glass. It should look like slightly cloudy water.
Place the glass under a good light source for an hour.

If the glass now shows some brownish clumps forming then it is dinos.

The salifert kits are great for ALK, Ca, Mg but not for PO4. You need a Hanna ULR phosphate checker.

I'll second @Tahoe61 that all that tank needs is fish poop.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have already indicated, you need to dial back the additives. Reef Roids are known to increase phosphates so using the other additives on top of RR is likely polluting your tank. Typically I use half the recommended dose of any additive product just to be on the safe side. So if you're using a full recommended dose of all of those things you're likely overdoing it. You simply don't have enough coral bioload to consume all that you're adding, so naturally it's accumulating in your water column leading to increased nutrients and algae blooms.

Regarding seeing improvements, it takes a while for changes to manifest in a tank, even beneficial ones. I would do what others have said already and stick with regular water changes (10% weekly should be plenty) and maybe feed reef roids once a week but dial back to a half dose. Give it a few weeks and you'll likely see improvements.

Don't worry too much either. I know I stressed out over any little change in my tank in the first 6 months or so and in the end it was just unnecessary stress.

MattDaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you need to let the tank run much longer before you start adding so many additives. Your tank is still in its infant stages. Go back to the basics. Stop all the additives for about a month. Continue your water changes.
Good Luck and hope that this helps

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a ridiculous amount of products you are using especially for a 3 month old tank. Heck you are probably not through the uglies yet.
Go back to routine water changes, do not chase the numbers and cut back or stop adding so much product.
I have had nanos for a long time, many sps dominate. You are over thinking it.
Thank,thank,thank you so much...yeah you right, but i supoused that bring back to normal ?? , no action needed ????? Still intermitent gfo running ???

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start from scratch. I wouldn't ask if you should or shouldn't be using an additive- just do simple water changes for a while. That's it. Water changes only. If you really want to get fancy with it, you could use some mechanical filtration. Test your nutrients weekly. Only then will you be able to answer whether you need or don't need GFO. Only then will you know if you want to increase your water change frequency, add a skimmer, dose this or that, etc. You're putting the cart before the horse. Let your tank settle. Then figure out your baseline from week to week. Then figure out what problems (if any) you have and the best tool to solve them.

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think you're doing too much, too fast. You are dosing a ton of products for a relatively small tank with minimal corals. Some tanks can handle all of the additives you're dosing, while others can't without issue. If I were in your shoes, I would simply go back to regular water changes for the time being. I would then make sure my phosphate and nitrates were stable and where I want them. Then I might add the reef roids once a week, only after confirming my tank is stable. I would monitor my nutrients to ensure they were still stable. If then you wanted to add the snow or amino acids, you could do so, but I would do one at a time to see the effect it has on the tank. A 3 month old tank is a pretty volatile environment and adding so much coral food, amino acids, whatever polyp booster actually is, etc. is probably not helping the stability of the tank.

I think you're overthinking things. I personally wouldn't be dosing any of those products at this point.
Got it, actually i stop put nothing in my tank.... all the coral food , create a mess , .... im just still making weekly 5g water change and just a few pellets to my fish...that its all for now

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! It will take a bit for the tank to "recalibrate" itself, so give it a few weeks, then start testing again and keeping a log. You can then plot your average phosphate, nitrate, etc. after your water changes. That way you will now know your tanks baseline and whether there are any issues and estimate the effect a particular action would have on that issue.

Good luck! :)

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be just some maturation "uglies". You could rule out dinoflagellates with this test:

Get a sample of the brown gunk in a jar with some tank water.
Shake it up very hard so that it almost dissolves.
Pour that through a coffee filter into a clear glass. It should look like slightly cloudy water.
Place the glass under a good light source for an hour.

If the glass now shows some brownish clumps forming then it is dinos.

The salifert kits are great for ALK, Ca, Mg but not for PO4. You need a Hanna ULR phosphate checker.

I'll second @Tahoe61 that all that tank needs is fish poop.
Ok, thank you so much...i really appreciate it all good vibes and advise ..just i put a order in marine depot and take the hanna ulr phosphate checker right now..thank

MikeYasin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As everyone said- way too much for a 3-month old tank. I would stop everything you're doing. Figure out your tank's usage of Calcium and Alkalinity over a few days and only dose those elements. Quit GFO, too and way too many coral "foods". You need to let the tank mature on it's own for several more months so it can settle in it's own biodiversity and balanced nutrient levels. It WILL go through a very ugly period with all sorts or warts and algae, but you have to let it run it course. You are setting up a unique living habitat, after all.

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have already indicated, you need to dial back the additives. Reef Roids are known to increase phosphates so using the other additives on top of RR is likely polluting your tank. Typically I use half the recommended dose of any additive product just to be on the safe side. So if you're using a full recommended dose of all of those things you're likely overdoing it. You simply don't have enough coral bioload to consume all that you're adding, so naturally it's accumulating in your water column leading to increased nutrients and algae blooms.

Regarding seeing improvements, it takes a while for changes to manifest in a tank, even beneficial ones. I would do what others have said already and stick with regular water changes (10% weekly should be plenty) and maybe feed reef roids once a week but dial back to a half dose. Give it a few weeks and you'll likely see improvements.

Don't worry too much either. I know I stressed out over any little change in my tank in the first 6 months or so and in the end it was just unnecessary stress.
Thank you so much my friend, yeah its a little crazy... but i understand all your advices, and just doing the right....r2r its amazing place, and all of you are really awsome people always help...thankssss

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you need to let the tank run much longer before you start adding so many additives. Your tank is still in its infant stages. Go back to the basics. Stop all the additives for about a month. Continue your water changes.
Good Luck and hope that this helps
Always help my friend...thank a lot, i appreciate it so much

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start from scratch. I wouldn't ask if you should or shouldn't be using an additive- just do simple water changes for a while. That's it. Water changes only. If you really want to get fancy with it, you could use some mechanical filtration. Test your nutrients weekly. Only then will you be able to answer whether you need or don't need GFO. Only then will you know if you want to increase your water change frequency, add a skimmer, dose this or that, etc. You're putting the cart before the horse. Let your tank settle. Then figure out your baseline from week to week. Then figure out what problems (if any) you have and the best tool to solve them.
Exellent...thank so much

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! It will take a bit for the tank to "recalibrate" itself, so give it a few weeks, then start testing again and keeping a log. You can then plot your average phosphate, nitrate, etc. after your water changes. That way you will now know your tanks baseline and whether there are any issues and estimate the effect a particular action would have on that issue.

Good luck! :)
I dont needed take action, more than cut all adding, what about lighting period i dont need cut period of lights on ????

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 7 months old, the only thing I add besides food for fish is Parts A/B.

Unfortunately there is not a product made that guarantees an instant reef. Many have tried majority fail. Huge learning curve and it never stops the hobby is so dynamic.

Water changes, sm amount of GFO, decent water supply and adequate clean up crew and you should be good to go for months.

Tank looks pretty good in the images.

:)

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 7 months old, the only thing I add besides food for fish is Parts A/B.

Unfortunately there is not a product made that guarantees an instant reef. Many have tried majority fail. Huge learning curve and it never stops the hobby is so dynamic.

Water changes, sm amount of GFO, decent water supply and adequate clean up crew and you should be good to go for months.

Tank looks pretty good in the images.

:)
Thanks for advise my friend... i appreciate all your good knoledge and tips..i feel much better now..thankssssss

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back