please identify

  • Thread starter Thread starter woodeye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

woodeye

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
mayville, new york
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got this coral along with my order of reef cleaner package. i dont know what it is for placement, flow, lighting parameters.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0520.jpg
    DSCF0520.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 121
I believe its red macro algae. If you have tangs, they will eat it with a quickness. Put it anywhere that will get good light. You can put it in the refugium too.
 
Red Gracillaria. I've always had trouble growing it but others grow it in buckets. :) Great tang food.
 
I can't grow it. I've tried a couple of times in my fuge, but the chaeto choked it out. I can't put it in the DT because the tangs would eat it in seconds. Maybe someone that can grow it will see this and chime in...
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new