Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On several occasions I tried to type the letters A F next to each other and I end up with ** instead. A F is an short version for Air Force of which I was a member for 25 years. Today I tried linking to a manual for someone and got hit again by the filter.

For instance

Who ever is using A F next to each other to cause you guys to add to the swear filter needs to get flogged. LOL

Last edited:

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your service in the AF. Perhaps we can get an all caps changed so if all caps are used, it escapes the filter. My lil bro is a retired helicopter mechanic in the army. Now works on planes. I have so much respect for this line of duty.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your service in the **. Perhaps we can get an all caps changed so if all caps are used, it escapes the filter. My lil bro is a retired helicopter mechanic in the army. Now works on planes. I have so much respect for this line of duty.
Thanks for the kind words, An all caps version wouldn't work see the link I tried to post above. It's all lowercase.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words, An all caps version wouldn't work see the link I tried to post above. It's all lowercase.
I understand but if they could change it to where all caps escaped, that would be admirable. Where A F works but a f doesn’t.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So out of curiosity...

USAF, US AF, U.S.A.F. (US Air Force acronyms)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea, I have ended up using USAF most of the time. But in this case it doesn’t help with the link above.

I feel your frustration and I agree with you on this issue.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys! We're reviewing this right now. We had originally added it to the filter because it gets used in a profane way (and this became a real problem for a hot minute), but we started discussing this again because we realize it also abbreviates other things like USAF and Aqua Forest. Thanks for your patience while we check into this.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to look up why that would ever be considered bad. I guess I need to update my profane vocabulary.
Don't feel bad. I still don't get it . I guess I'm naive.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lied. I still am not sure what it means.
But I did get the link to work and get the manual. Not sure I can solder any more with the shakes but I also ordered a Raspberry Pi, some float switches, relays and a few other things to make something with. I have a 2 year degree in electronics so I think I can get it to work.

Thanks for your service in the AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back