pls help with broke RODI canister

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Today I got in a fight with my stuck RODI canister and now the connection between my 2nd and 3rd canister is broken! :(

I can buy another canister upgrade kit but that comes with a push to connect fitting on the side and I need a threaded connection. If I can buy just the threaded piece I broke that would be ideal. It might be a struggle to get the other half out though.. Perhaps I could just use PVC cement to bond it back together and pray? Here is some pictures so you can see what happened exactly.

Any help is much appreciated,
thank you!

RODI.jpg 20221018_202914[1].jpg 20221018_202914[1].jpg 20221018_202914[1].jpg
 
Oh! You're Screwed! LOL. not really... the connection should be a 1/2 pipe, MPT to MPT. to get the other half out, if you had an easy-out that would be great, or a buddy who is a mechanic. You can also try finding an allen wrench slightly larger than the hole and tapping it in to get it out.
Depot or more likely a True Value will have the fitting.
 
Looks bigger, but your probably correct, i thought they only came in 1/4 and 1/2 it looked a bit bigger than 1/4 from the picture. Whatever the case take the part you do have with you and match it up.
It actually does say 1/4 on the side. It's nice that piece is only a dollar..
 
I had to buy the fitting online. Would it be alright to use a brass one until it arrives?

My local plumbing store was nice enough to take the other half out for me. Amazing of them.
 
There is only a carbon block and 2 DI canisters. So it is a bad idea even for only a day?
The problem is, if there is any leaching it could get into your water. Brass is composed of copper and zinc. If it was let's say after your pre-filter and before your carbon, the carbon probably would pull out any heavy metals. Nothing at home depot?
 
The problem is, if there is any leaching it could get into your water. Brass is composed of copper and zinc. If it was let's say after your pre-filter and before your carbon, the carbon probably would pull out any heavy metals. Nothing at home depot?
Couldn't find 1/4 plastic pieces I guess it is just too small. Lowes had some RO pieces but not this specific one.

I know it will leach I was thinking maybe it doesn't start leaching instantly or that the DI resin would remove copper. I'm not trying to use it long term I ordered the right plastic piece.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new