Plumb RO faucet into 5 stage RODI unit

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the RO drinking water add-on from BRS for my 5 stage RODI unit (also BRS). I was told to just T off between the RO membrane and DI chamber with a check and ball valve provided. I'm guessing I leave the supply line to the RODI filter on and it will fill up the RO pressurized tank under the sink and then shut the system off when its full? THen if I want to use DI for ATO or water change, I cut the valve to the drinking water tank so the water goes through the DI chamber. I would need another valve after the T to the DI too, so it doesnt just keep dumping out the DI chamber when the RO tank is full?

I want to keep the RODI unit in my laundry room and run a line to under the sink, about 20 feet under or in the back of the cabinets. Would this be fine?

Last thing, my current sink setup has the dishwasher overflow plumbed above the sink , where I want the faucet to go. I'll have to confirm , but I think its a T that goes the sink drain and also to the overflow above the sink. I've never seen any water actually come up through it, but is that because of the garbage disposal? If we dont clear the disposal before we run the dishwasher, we def get some gunk on our dishes, that I'm guessing is from that. I just dont want any floods or anything, but I need that cut out in the sink for the RO faucet and I dont see many sinks nowadays that have the top overflow

Thanks for the help!

PS, could I also plumb the RO to my refrigerator?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t see any issues with your plan. I have mine T’d off to my fridge as well. And yes the pressure tank will fill and create enough back pressure to shut the system down.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back