Plumb waterbox frag to main display

dave57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have any experiences plumbing a main display with one of the waterbox frag tanks? I have a redsea 525xl and want to plumb a waterbox frag tank to it.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always plum satellite tanks into sump of main system just as main system is.. frag tank overflow to sump and separate return pump from sump back to frag tank.

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have any experiences plumbing a main display with one of the waterbox frag tanks? I have a redsea 525xl and want to plumb a waterbox frag tank to it.
I've thought about doing this as well (to a Red Sea 425XL). Super curious if you ever did it or found someone else who did.

I always plum satellite tanks into sump of main system just as main system is.. frag tank overflow to sump and separate return pump from sump back to frag tank.
Well I think the tricky thing is how you'd modify the internal overflow plumbing of the Waterbox and route it over through the Red Sea Reefer's plumbing. I suppose you could T both of the drain pipes together to one larger pipe and then drill a whole in the back of the Red Sea Reefer stand to plumb it into the same draining area of the sump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back