Plumbing and overflow

Sawacoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.
I am plumbing my tank and am confusing regarding the connections from my overflow box. The threaded connectors that lead downward to my sump do not match the the type of hose that came with my kit. I got 1 piece of 4ft rubber tubing that connects to my return, and 2 pieces of 4ft flexible hose. The ends are rigid, almost like pvc. I don't understand how they match up to the drain connectors. First time doing this. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-12 172635.png
HAK-PLFSR549200050CI_576_576.jpg

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not have an L shaped pipe or fitting that is supposed to be put on the bottom of the bulkhead?

Usually one end is barbed or has hose clamps, you may just have the wrong type of hose as far as I know that's a hose for a pool filter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sawacoral

Sawacoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not have an L shaped pipe or fitting that is supposed to be put on the bottom of the bulkhead?

Usually one end is barbed or has hose clamps, you may just have the wrong type of hose as far as I know that's a hose for a pool filter
I have an L shaped adapter for the return side that is barbed but that is the only one. I also have a mess of hose clamps but not sure how to make them work.

Upvote 0

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back