Plumbing fitting question

bobbyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know if it's safe to use this type of a fitting. I'm making an ATS and want to use these fitting to make securing it to my stand easier. Ultimately I think I can make a super clean scrubber providing I can use this type of fitting. Thanks to everyone in advance.
20190125_102203.jpeg

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are speaking of the metal fittings, I would suggest avoiding. Not knowing the type of metal, all metal to some degree reacts... As a result I would avoid metal as all costs. You should be able to find PVC fittings that would do the same.

OP
OP
bobbyreefs

bobbyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are speaking of the metal fittings, I would suggest avoiding. Not knowing the type of metal, all metal to some degree reacts... As a result I would avoid metal as all costs. You should be able to find PVC fittings that would do the same.
I'm about to find out. I was leaning towards no being the answer. The one piece in particular that allows me to mount it is what I want so I'm going to head to the supply house and see if I can't find one that's a slip fitting. Thanks for confirming.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back