Plumbing help

nkkm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Wanted to get some thoughts as I am new to working with bean animal style plumbing.

I am plumbing an EXT 200 Peninsula which has a bean animal external overflow. I will plumb this through the wall behind into the garage where I will have the Innovative marine sump pictured below. It has bulkhead for the 3 drains (2 on the left and one in the return section) and a bulk head for a single return. I will be drilling another hole and adding a second return pump to run a manifold. Sump pictured below.

IMG_8295.jpeg
IMG_8297.jpeg

The part I am trying to figure out is I will also be plumbing a low boy Fran tank into the system. This will be fed off the main return but it also has a bean animal overflow with 3 drains.

Does anyone have any recommendations how I can bring the drains of the frag tank into the main system? If I tee them into the main drains will this effect the syphon abilities of the main drains?

Picture of the frag tank. Sump will be where the cardboard is.

IMG_9395.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

Nick

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s going to look great. If you tee the lines to match shouldn’t you be okay since each bean line has a valve on it to control flow? Or are you thinking the pipes won’t handle the flow from both tanks?

OP
OP
N

nkkm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never done that style overflow before so just not sure. They will all be 1” drains and will put a gate valve on each primary drain. Just not sure at what point to tee them together, assume after the gate valves close to the sump?

OP
OP
N

nkkm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love some feedback or opinion on if this will work. It will have individual gate valves for each of the primary. I don't know though if the displays primary gate valve should be above where it tee's in with the frag tanks primary.

I am trying to keep the sump as clean as possible as it has pre drilled bulkheads and lids.
Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.10.19 PM.png

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back