Plumbing issue on CADE S2 900 Return Line

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I recently purchased a CADE S2 900 and I'm having an issue hooking upy return pump. I do not know the size of the CADE return line? 3/4 fittings are a little loose. My Neptune Cor20 didn't come with any adapter's to fit the CADE return line. Does anyone know what size coupling I need to order? I'm running 1" standard PVC and I've ordered two coupling so far that will not work. I found a rubber connection with hose clamps but I do not like the way it works and I prefer to have it all PVC. Another question, Is the Neptune Cor20 return pump to large for this system? I had it hooked up and running with the rubber connection for about an hour and it seemed to have plenty of flow and did great. Was thinking of getting a Vectra S2 of the Neptune Cor20 is too much for this tank. It's a 105 gallons total. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!! This is my current mock up.

20210918_123317.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer825

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yeah, I just found out that it is metric. I was hoping is was standard because that's what I didn't like about my RedSea. Most local stores don't carry metric so you always have to order what you need.

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a CADE S2 900 and I'm having an issue hooking upy return pump. I do not know the size of the CADE return line? 3/4 fittings are a little loose. My Neptune Cor20 didn't come with any adapter's to fit the CADE return line. Does anyone know what size coupling I need to order? I'm running 1" standard PVC and I've ordered two coupling so far that will not work. I found a rubber connection with hose clamps but I do not like the way it works and I prefer to have it all PVC. Another question, Is the Neptune Cor20 return pump to large for this system? I had it hooked up and running with the rubber connection for about an hour and it seemed to have plenty of flow and did great. Was thinking of getting a Vectra S2 of the Neptune Cor20 is too much for this tank. It's a 105 gallons total. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!! This is my current mock up.

20210918_123317.jpg
Hello, I'm just wondering if you got this figured out. I've ordered one of these tanks and I'm trying to figure out what return pump to get. I thought the Cades had metric plumbing, but I saw this in the description of the 900 on Algae Barns page, so now I'm confused. "Return flow to the Aquarium is via a 1" PVC pipe."

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back