Plumbing question, socket type

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Does anybody know what type of socket I need to remove that? I know I can use pliers for that but I actually need it for other projects as well.
This one is located on 100g Rubbermaid tub.

thank you kindly

12.jpg

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that they make a socket specifically for that square head. If you don't want to use a pair of ChannelLock pliers, then maybe use a adjustable wrench to take the plug out of that bulkhead.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make specific plug wrenchs but they usually run about $100 per size, unless you do alot of that work probably not worth the cost just use the channel locks. But, look up plug wrenchs of your interest.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense. Thank you guys. the reason I was wondering if there are special sockets because my raspberries have something similar that I have to adjust.
Thank you for your time.

13.jpg 13.jpg

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense. Thank you guys. the reason I was wondering if there are special sockets because my raspberries have something similar that I have to adjust.
Thank you for your time.

13.jpg 13.jpg
for metal I'd use the cresent wrench. it wont strip. on platic plugs you use channel locks so you don't round out the plug. the plastic is usually pretty soft

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back