Plume Rock Crab - ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter duff0712
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

duff0712

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me ID something I found in a plume rock.

I work at an LFS and take pictures/video for the store. I was taking a look at a couple of our Plume Rocks and noticed a small crab living in one of the feather duster tubes. My google-fu has failed me. I haven't been able to find any information on them.

snJr86M.jpg


Sorry for the picture of a video. I haven't been able to upload/edit it yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
 
I have no idea what it could be, but it's definitely a neat looking critter. Hopefully someone will be able to help you ID it
 
Paguritta sp.. Google "porites hermit crab". They have been pretty common lately and are awesome symbionts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new