Pod Population Control

Shawn.B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5gal tank with a deep sand bed planted with Shoal Grass populated with a family of 10 sexy shrimp. The pod Population is booming and they are begining to damage my seagrass. Can anyone think of a tank mate who could help manage the Pod population? I was thinking a Clown Goby but I'm not sure how veratious they are when it comes to Pods

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5gal tank with a deep sand bed planted with Shoal Grass populated with a family of 10 sexy shrimp. The pod Population is booming and they are begining to damage my seagrass. Can anyone think of a tank mate who could help manage the Pod population? I was thinking a Clown Goby but I'm not sure how veratious they are when it comes to Pods

Please do not put a mandarin in a 5 gal. Most small gobies will eat pods.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fwiw... i kept my possum wrasse in a small 2.5 temporary tank while i was on a 4 week vacation. and the only thing it ate was the pods in the tank.

visibly, the pods were nearly gone, but there must have been enough to survive, the wrasse still looked fat after 4 weeks without any additional feeding.

when i removed him, a few weeks later the tank is overrun by pods again.

i'm not sure how safe the wrasse is with sexy shrimp though.

J.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi shawn

I'm sorry I can't help with your pod issue, but I was wondering where you got your shoal grass from? Been looking to stock a 40b macro and grass display but can't find a source.

Thanks!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back