pods and culupera

Pjones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will pods strip the leaves off of the caulerpa in my refugium? I have a 55 gal refugium tied into a 180 gal display with an aprox 40 gal sump. loads of copopods and amphipods some leaves are clear others have just disappeared leaving the stalk. I have both caulerpa and cheato in the fuge

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A healthy refugium will fluctuate, pods will cause very little damage IMO, as above, what, if any, nutrients and additives do you use?
Got a pic?

OP
OP
Pjones

Pjones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank Yall for the input I am not adding any nutrients at this time because cheato was doing good i am considering starting triton method but am kinda new to dosing schedules. You are probably right it might be a nutrient thing but it showed up kinda fast after adding culerpa and i did just get my skimmer back on line.
fuge.jpg
fuge.jpg

tank.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display fuge the egg crate sheet the caulerpa is on is 12 inches square, that is how I judge my nutrients.
Currently it is not really growing so I will harvest from there so the macros in the sump fuge get higher nutrients.

DSC_0005 by sshipuk, on Flickr

hikermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will pods strip the leaves off of the caulerpa in my refugium? I have a 55 gal refugium tied into a 180 gal display with an aprox 40 gal sump. loads of copopods and amphipods some leaves are clear others have just disappeared leaving the stalk. I have both caulerpa and cheato in the fuge

hikermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely not. They will live on the leaves and hide there. Some fish will nibble on the leaves but the pods live on plankton

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back