Pods

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pods are bred in sterile, clean pod only tanks. It'll be fine. I've purchased pods many times with no problems. If you want to make extra sure they're disease free, then you can QT them;)

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought some of tommy's pods, they should be here wednesday so cant speak to quality yet. But i have also tried both algae barn and reef cleaner pods. Both are pretty good.

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought reef amphipods from https://ipsf.com/ - can’t recommend them enough. They also usually send more than what you need, which is nice. Size ranges of the pods were from smallish to some big suckers.

Manny D. Mandarin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AlgaeBarn's pods are clean without can contaminates and are packed in clean saltwater before they are shipped (not the water they are cultured in)

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought several times from podyourreef in Texas and I've been happy, I've also gotten the amphipods from ipsf in Hawaii. I have to say ipsf sends a lot in their orders and I've gotten a few free corals out of it.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking i would not be too concerned buying for anyone who is culturing them for sale. Maybe if it is some random guy down the street who is shaking out his ich infested cheato full of pods into a bag for you, but otherwise i dont see it as a risk.

Personally i have had good luck with reef nutrition and algaebarn. Felt like i got more bang for the buck with reef nutrition, but also will say that Algae Barn had fantastic customer service when i had an issue with an order. Would not hesitate to get either. Also like using them because i see them both answering questions on these forums even when it someone needing help culturing their own and i greatly appreciate that

Manny D. Mandarin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sign up for AlgaeBarn Text Tuesdays you can get the best deals they offer each week :
TEXT THIS CODE: SIGNUP to +1 201-613-9335 They just had a BOGO pods yesterday!

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking i would not be too concerned buying for anyone who is culturing them for sale. Maybe if it is some random guy down the street who is shaking out his ich infested cheato full of pods into a bag for you, but otherwise i dont see it as a risk.

Personally i have had good luck with reef nutrition and algaebarn. Felt like i got more bang for the buck with reef nutrition, but also will say that Algae Barn had fantastic customer service when i had an issue with an order. Would not hesitate to get either. Also like using them because i see them both answering questions on these forums even when it someone needing help culturing their own and i greatly appreciate that
We really appreciate the kind words. It means a lot! ;Happy

If you ever have any questions or an issue with an order, don't hesitate to reach out. We always make it right. :cool:

Best,
Chad & Team Reef Nutrition

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't lend out your pods to strangers...

Apple Iphone GIF by Lukesistegià

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought reef amphipods from https://ipsf.com/ - can’t recommend them enough. They also usually send more than what you need, which is nice. Size ranges of the pods were from smallish to some big suckers.

If they would update their website and ordering form they would probably get more business. It was terrible 10 years ago and it hasn't changed at all in that time.

I do agree I love their quality in general.

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree with you there, the ordering process isn’t super difficult but it definitely leaves much to be desired lol

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back