Poll: Bristle worms - Good or Bad?

If you had the opportunity to keep bristle worms out of your tank would you?

• Yes

Votes: 266 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 333 55.6%

• Total voters

Arthur Jen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't feel confy what the heck them, try using an Arrow Crab, they eats them, but anyway, try keeping some, they are good for the system

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pulling them out of my 'fuge and putting them INTO my tank. They help with cleanup, and I've found if I'm very gentle with them I can actually handle them with bare hands without getting "bristled". Yah, they're ugly, but they do have their niche.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised at the number of yes votes. They're awesome little creepy crawlies.

My tank is full of spaghetti worms. I genuinely wish I had a few bristle worms, they do good work.

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They clean where others can't. If I see large ones I remove them if I can. Coral banded shrimp, arrow crabs, and some wrasses will eat them but those may not be compatible with your tank. Anytime I've heard of someone having a problem with a bristle worm eating coral when they show video or pics it ends up not being a bristle worm. Usually a bobbit worm or fire worm.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "NO" only because there isn't any way to control the population. Yes, there are natural predators, but they can't get to them where they live... under the biggest rocks at the base of your rockscape.

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know these are good for your tank, but I just can't deal with any creepy crawly. SO I remove them as soon as I find them. I am sure there are few hiding under the rocks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back