Poll: Bubble Algae Removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

How do you remove Bubble Algae?

  • Manual removal

    Votes: 247 49.9%
  • Increased nutrient export (out-compete it)

    Votes: 51 10.3%
  • Emerald Crabs

    Votes: 171 34.5%
  • Urchins

    Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Sea Hares

    Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Predatory Fish (Tangs/Rabbitfish/etc)

    Votes: 46 9.3%
  • Other - Please discuss in thread

    Votes: 10 2.0%
  • I've never had Bubble Algae

    Votes: 62 12.5%
  • Chemical Treatment (Vibrant/hydrogen peroxide/etc)

    Votes: 68 13.7%

  • Total voters
    495
The Foxface and Scopas Tang love the stuff.

What they cant reach in deep crevasses, I use a bamboo skewer to either push free or pop and let the fish clean up. Free food.
I wouldn't be bothered about any in crevices if I had fish that eat it.
 
I wouldn't be bothered about any in crevices if I had fish that eat it.
My fox face does not seem to eat bbl algae. I like the bamboo screwed idea. I will try that. I used to use Vibrant. My coral look much better since I ceased that.
 
My fox face does not seem to eat bbl algae. I like the bamboo screwed idea. I will try that. I used to use Vibrant. My coral look much better since I ceased that.
I got lucky with the foxface, although he also nibbles acans if he gets hungry, so it's not all good news .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new