Poll: Do you enjoy watching reefing videos?

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by dbl, May 18, 2018.

?
  1. Yes - I enjoy watching videos

200 vote(s)
    69.7%
  2. Yes - I enjoy watching and sharing my own videos

44 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. No - I'm not a real video watcher

41 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award

I'm curious how many folks enjoy watching posted videos. I've never been a big video guy so I don't tend to watch them, but it seems like they are becoming more and more popular. I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out on something. :confused:

So do you enjoy watching them and do you also like sharing the videos that you shoot of your tank?

Tags:

2. mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev Euphyllia Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

This is a crazy pol
    My commute back and forth is all about reefing. I listen a lot and watch a lot.

3. Mari

Mari Member

Absolutely. Grew up on YouTube.

mahindra.dev likes this.
  4. andrewkw

andrewkw Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I enjoy watching them. A build thread may still be the best means of archiving your successes and failures but including videos in with the pictures is a great way to really see the progression. I've always done random videos but about a year ago I started making monthly videos on my reef + other videos.

This is April, I will do a new one in the next couple of days. Monthly is frequently enough that there is enough change, but not so long that it looks like a different tank.

I do watch a lot of youtube reef videos but I mostly prefer watching someone who is also talking about their tank vs just a beautiful reef with background music. While I'll watch those too, I'd rather here the excitement of someone talking about their reef.

5. frcarvajal

frcarvajal Active Member

I really enjoy when people share their reefing experience on videos. If you ask me to choose between reading a "reef of the month" article or watching a "reef of the month" video, I would choose the video. I really respect the people who have the time to record their reefing journey because, for me, it is really hard to find the time to even maintain my tank! I am a video lover!!

pelphrey and mahindra.dev like this.
  6. Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award

I love watching reef videos on youtube. Could never make my own. I was always told I have a face for radio :)

samnaz likes this.
  7. hecterma

hecterma Member

Absolutely! This is how I learn, by binge watching reefing videos and learning from others mistakes.

8. Skep18

Skep18 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Yes, original content and creative videos. Copy cat channels not so much.

Crabs McJones likes this.
  9. Jesterrace

Jesterrace Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Absolutely

10. samnaz

samnaz Earthling R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

does BRStv count? ;-)

norfolkgarden likes this.
  11. ca1ore

ca1ore Valuable Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award R2R TV Featured Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I like seeing video of actual refers tanks, and they can be useful in remotely diagnosing a problem. The supposedly edumacational videos on YT ..... Mostly a pass. Thusly I picked other :cool:

12. chefjpaul

chefjpaul Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

I rarely take pics of my tank, let alone a video, but I love watching all your guys / gals videos & pics.

I especially like any hobby related educational video.

13. Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy Valuable Member

If I get a few minutes of alone time on the TV I'm 100% watching fish videos. CJ, Inappropriate Reefer (#HCRS), BRS, King of DIY, etc. I wish Marine Depot was able to roll out videos with more consistency. I'm starting to watch more ReefDudes in my craving for more fish videos. CoralFish12g used to be my favorite but he's been really inconsistent lately (I get it, he's probably a little busy doing the whole college thing) and throwing out some odd videos, but man college has been great for his video editing skills.

Draft saved Draft deleted