Poll: Do you enjoy watching reefing videos?

Do you enjoy watching and/or sharing reefing videos?

• Yes - I enjoy watching videos

Votes: 200 69.7%
  • Yes - I enjoy watching and sharing my own videos

Votes: 44 15.3%
  • No - I'm not a real video watcher

Votes: 41 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how many folks enjoy watching posted videos. I've never been a big video guy so I don't tend to watch them, but it seems like they are becoming more and more popular. I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out on something. :confused:

So do you enjoy watching them and do you also like sharing the videos that you shoot of your tank?

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how many folks enjoy watching posted videos. I've never been a big video guy so I don't tend to watch them, but it seems like they are becoming more and more popular. I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out on something. :confused:

So do you enjoy watching them and do you also like sharing the videos that you shoot of your tank?

This is a crazy pol [emoji23]
My commute back and forth is all about reefing. I listen a lot and watch a lot.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy watching them. A build thread may still be the best means of archiving your successes and failures but including videos in with the pictures is a great way to really see the progression. I've always done random videos but about a year ago I started making monthly videos on my reef + other videos.

This is April, I will do a new one in the next couple of days. Monthly is frequently enough that there is enough change, but not so long that it looks like a different tank.

I do watch a lot of youtube reef videos but I mostly prefer watching someone who is also talking about their tank vs just a beautiful reef with background music. While I'll watch those too, I'd rather here the excitement of someone talking about their reef.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy when people share their reefing experience on videos. If you ask me to choose between reading a "reef of the month" article or watching a "reef of the month" video, I would choose the video. I really respect the people who have the time to record their reefing journey because, for me, it is really hard to find the time to even maintain my tank! I am a video lover!!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love watching reef videos on youtube. Could never make my own. I was always told I have a face for radio :)

hecterma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! This is how I learn, by binge watching reefing videos and learning from others mistakes.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like seeing video of actual refers tanks, and they can be useful in remotely diagnosing a problem. The supposedly edumacational videos on YT ..... Mostly a pass. Thusly I picked other :cool:

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely take pics of my tank, let alone a video, but I love watching all your guys / gals videos & pics.

I especially like any hobby related educational video.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get a few minutes of alone time on the TV I'm 100% watching fish videos. CJ, Inappropriate Reefer (#HCRS), BRS, King of DIY, etc. I wish Marine Depot was able to roll out videos with more consistency. I'm starting to watch more ReefDudes in my craving for more fish videos. CoralFish12g used to be my favorite but he's been really inconsistent lately (I get it, he's probably a little busy doing the whole college thing) and throwing out some odd videos, but man college has been great for his video editing skills.

Back