Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on team Broad cast!

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I feed fish they get scraps of brine shrimp, mysis and cyclopes or finely ground spirulina flakes. A couple of nights a week squirt in to the stream of my MP40, Reef Nutrition phytofeast and oysterfeast, with 2ml of Polyplab polyp booster with skimmer turned offer 6 hours. I don't use the poly booster often, I swear it raises my PO4, maybe it's a coincidence? I very seldom use PO4 removers.

Last edited:

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm suprised that so few people spot feed, or even broadcast feed. I have found spot feeding hugely increases growth, especially for euphyllia, LPS and softies, and everyone benefits from broadcast feeding for sure.

I broadcast Roids twice a week, dose Polyp booster 2-3 times a week, dose phyto every other day, spot feed about twice a week with Roids, polyp booster, phyto, and mysis, and a mixture of fresh seafood. The corals also will get bits and pieces when I feed the fish daily with seafood, greens and mysis mixtures.
My PO4 would shoot off the charts if I did that:)

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New so I haven't done it much, but today I made Coral Stew! In a bowl I got some aquarium water so it wasn't too powerful, poured in some phytoplankton, added a bit of coral frenzy, and a bit of one of the fish and coral vitamins from Humblefish's recommendations list. Stirred it all up real well and used a long pipette to ghost it over the zoas and hammer. Also dropped in a couple tiny LPS pellets on the hammer with a turkey baster and it was looking extra fluffy after that. I hope that's a good thing.

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank quite heavy , every day i feed 2 mixtures of flake food and a mix of PE mysis , blood worms, rods food , and reef frenzy , i feed this with a turkey baster for my fish and a lot of my corals will feed from this mix . every other day i turn the main pump off get a cup of tank water and mix reef roids and coral frenzy and spot feed every SPS with a turkey baster , after about 10 minutes or so i will turn on 1 power head to mix the water and coral food for a good broadcast , ill let this run for about another 10 minutes and then turn main pump back on but ill l eave the skimmer off until the next morning then at least 3 nights out of the week after lights out i feed brightwells reef snow and zooplankton S

i have a 75 gallon fuge with just cheato and my NO3 is about 10 and PO4 is about .08 or so ?? dont really check it , i just keep a stable Alk. and things are looking good !

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday - Wednesday- Friday - I mix up some Reef Chili with some aquarium water and something like Reef Snow and apply to the corals with the squirt bottle supplied with the Reef Chili. I do this early in the morning while everyone has their tentacles and polys extended.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back