Poll: How often do you do water changes?

how often do you do water changes?

• Total voters

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I started dosing AFR I stopped water changes 6 months ago. If the purpose of water changes is to replenish nutrients pulled by corals and to control nitrates and phosphates I feel that I can/have achieved this by dosing and with my filtration system.

So far so good, nitrates were a bit tougher but dosing Vodka has solved that.

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started in the hobby I did what I was told to do.....one a week. That was 10 gallons on a 90 gallon DT with 50 gallon sump.

It just became too much. It seemed I was always doing catch up. So to simplify I now do 25 gallons twice a month....first of the month and middle of the month. Makes it so much easier.

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once a week on three tanks two nano tanks 22 gallon and 28 gallon and a 110 gallon 10% each I think I can go with every other week and eventually once a month. So far All for Reef dosing has not gotten to to expensive yet but with two tanks getting more and more SPS and larger LSP corals I might have to think of adding addition sources for elements. Oh I almost forgot I have two quarantine tanks 20 gal each so they take water care also. Did you see the latest price on 200 gallon box of reef crystals 82 bucks was 44 bucks last month 160 gallon bucket is still 39 bucks.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 20-25% once every 6 months. But I dose ESV 2-part (with trace elements) to maintain parameters.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back