Polyp Bailout Recovery

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my torch coral looks to be going under polyp bailout. I know exactly why this happened and it’s my fault (temperature was sustained at 81-82 for 3 weeks). I have been addressing the issue for the past 2 months or so and I have been somewhat successful. It’s mainly just ups and downs but it looks like it is improving more now. Anyways, one of the heads looks to have bailed out almost completely and algae is growing on it. The heads next to it haven’t bailed out but they do have a little algae starting to grow on them too. One of the heads is really starting to recover and looks a lot better. Should I cut off the bailed out part or just keep them connected and maybe do an iodine dip?
image.jpg

Ps, the two heads on the bottom left and bottom center are usually almost as open as the one on the bottom right but they’re a little upset tonight

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, I would do nothing to add to its current stress.
Turn lights down. Stabilize temp.
Check all other parameters.
I have pretty much accepted that it’s going to die but I’m attempting to nurse it back to health. I have been feeding reef roids once weekly and keeping everything stable so hopefully everything turns out alright. But it’s a shot in the dark so who knows.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty much accepted that it’s going to die but I’m attempting to nurse it back to health. I have been feeding reef roids once weekly and keeping everything stable so hopefully everything turns out alright. But it’s a shot in the dark so who knows.
Sometimes the best nurse is Mother Nature herself.
Super stable waters is the best medicine.
I doubt that whole piece is toast.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the best nurse is Mother Nature herself.
Super stable waters is the best medicine.
I doubt that whole piece is toast.
Honestly couldn’t have said it better. People worry too much about everything that goes on in their tanks even about the smallest things, and most of the problems fix themselves. (Worried about this because it’s a big thing and it could kill the whole coral which was $200)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back