Polyp Lab Medic. :(

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it but I don't believe it helped my ich issue. No negative effects to anything that I could tell. Won't be using it again, I eventually broke down my 167 gal reef and caught all the fish. Treated them and went fallow. I won't be buying medic in the future should this problem emerge again. Was very happy I didn't epoxy my rocks on or I would have never been able to remove them to catch my fish.

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Medic, didnt work at all, dosed three times daily 3 scoops, did nothing whatsoever. Useless.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlike Jose my rocks are glued together lol I'm pooched. Breaking down my tank is going to be a huge undertaking, I've decided to give this an honest go and run it for 20 days. I will post my results here in a few weeks and let ya know my results. I'm not convinced that this is complete garbage and I will follow the 12 hour dose rule religiously. I understand how it works and will not kill the parasite off the fish but kill them in the water column when they fall off. if this works then great if not I am already cycling a QT tank just incase and will get a second ready and just go fallow for 3 months.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlike Jose my rocks are glued together lol I'm pooched. Breaking down my tank is going to be a huge undertaking, I've decided to give this an honest go and run it for 20 days. I will post my results here in a few weeks and let ya know my results. I'm not convinced that this is complete garbage and I will follow the 12 hour dose rule religiously. I understand how it works and will not kill the parasite off the fish but kill them in the water column when they fall off. if this works then great if not I am already cycling a QT tank just incase and will get a second ready and just go fallow for 3 months.
Any results yet? I'm in the same pickle. This is weird looking ich. It's white at night and in the morning it looks like black spots.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any results yet? I'm in the same pickle. This is weird looking ich. It's white at night and in the morning it looks like black spots.
no not really day 14 the tang still has it the worst lost 3 fish so far time to go fallow it's gonna suck ripping all the rock out to catch the fish.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no not really day 14 the tang still has it the worst lost 3 fish so far time to go fallow it's gonna suck ripping all the rock out to catch the fish.
Sorry to hear that. A friend who is a know it all but knows nothing suggested to use prazipro. Actually it's my boyfriend friend, my friends know everything. If I use uv it will kill my pods. I can't catch the tang. I have a lot of sensitive livestock and my reef is encrusted. So I am SOL. Good luck with your reef recovery.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I paid $40 for the bottle and with an outbreak of velvet, MEDIC cleared my issue in 3-4 days and save a couple of thousand dollars of fish and was safe with my coral and worth every penny. I thought it was expensive until it performed and saved a lot of livestock.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seemed good at first but then came back with a vengeance. rather then risk any other fish I will run out the next few days of medic I have left in the bottle while I set up the QT tanks.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $40 for the bottle and with an outbreak of velvet, MEDIC cleared my issue in 3-4 days and save a couple of thousand dollars of fish and was safe with my coral and worth every penny. I thought it was expensive until it performed and saved a lot of livestock.
It s been a while. I forget what type of reef you have. I have clams, and a pipe fish that I am also worried about if I treat with the medic. What do you think :confused:

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seemed good at first but then came back with a vengeance. rather then risk any other fish I will run out the next few days of medic I have left in the bottle while I set up the QT tanks.
Wow. Will you be done in time to help or are you doing it regardless?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It s been a while. I forget what type of reef you have. I have clams, and a pipe fish that I am also worried about if I treat with the medic. What do you think :confused:
Medic is a combination of salts ( It contains a reef-safe oxidizing agent ) and is particularly effective against Marine Ich - Crytopocaryon Irritant as well as velvet and not really a medication and I too have a larger clam in a mixed reef (this tank was 660g) so I got two bottles and followed treatment with Ruby Rally Pro.
Been close to two years and parasite free.

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an observation tank that is 30 gal and has been cycled for months I just want to set up a couple smaller tanks for medication, I should have it all ready to go by Sunday. catching them all is going to be a PITA as all my rock is glued together lol.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medic is a combination of salts ( It contains a reef-safe oxidizing agent ) and is particularly effective against Marine Ich - Crytopocaryon Irritant as well as velvet and not really a medication and I too have a larger clam in a mixed reef (this tank was 660g) so I got two bottles and followed treatment with Ruby Rally Pro.
Been close to two years and parasite free.
Sounds good. I ordered it from Amazon yesterday just in case. What is Ruby Rally Pro and will I need it. Lol

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds good. I ordered it from Amazon yesterday just in case. What is Ruby Rally Pro and will I need it. Lol
For me- An insurance policy

RALLY Pro is a very effective broad spectrum treatment designed to be used directly in the display tank to eliminate external parasites, dinoflagellates, marine velvet, clownfish disease, gill flukes, etc. on fish. RALLY also treats gram negative bacterial infections, fin and tail rot, etc., and prevents secondary infections.
RALLY is safe for all fish (including scaleless), corals and invertebrates and will not affect biofiltration.
Apply RALLY once per day for at least 3 days. Longer treatment periods may be required for heavy or persistent infections

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an observation tank that is 30 gal and has been cycled for months I just want to set up a couple smaller tanks for medication, I should have it all ready to go by Sunday. catching them all is going to be a PITA as all my rock is glued together lol.
Happy fishing. I think I will set up two 20gal tanks or at least a QT in the spare bedroom.

Suesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me- An insurance policy

RALLY Pro is a very effective broad spectrum treatment designed to be used directly in the display tank to eliminate external parasites, dinoflagellates, marine velvet, clownfish disease, gill flukes, etc. on fish. RALLY also treats gram negative bacterial infections, fin and tail rot, etc., and prevents secondary infections.
RALLY is safe for all fish (including scaleless), corals and invertebrates and will not affect biofiltration.
Apply RALLY once per day for at least 3 days. Longer treatment periods may be required for heavy or persistent infections
Is it anything like prazipro or safer?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is it anything like prazipro or safer?
Safer and covers an array of issues (got it from Marine Depot). They took forever to get it to me though

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back