• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Poor experience with poorish idol

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a large jawbreaker from poorish idol. Was told the coral would arrive the next day by 3. It arrived in 2 days. The package was soggy from spilled water on the bottom. There was no cold pack and little packing around the container that was only sealed with packing tape. The coral was visibly disintegrated and covered in slime through the container. I sent the seller pictures upon receipt, was told to place in low flow in the container. I figured it was a goner, but did anyways because it was worth a shot. It did not last and eventually completely melted. You could see its flesh flaking off. For a $555 mushroom I expected proper packaging and better backing by the seller. I am now waiting on PayPal to see if I can get my money back. I would recommend all buyers to check for feedback and have clear terms listed in your PayPal payment for a little more proof. It hurts to have saved so much money for something to show off in my tank and receive it dead...

IMG_7953.JPG
IMG_7954.JPG
IMG_7980.JPG
IMG_7983.JPG
IMG_7984.JPG
IMG_7999.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone dealt with PayPal on a dispute before? They are requiring third party verification, which I'm not sure how to do. Seeing as the mushroom arrived dead and now is completely melted to nothing. All I have are pictures. It says it must be an unbiased party written on official letterhead with contact info.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dsnakes, :)

It would behoove you to ask about the paypal in a separate thread. Feed back threads/forum only allow for buyer and seller post. All other post are deleted, this is a long standing rule.

I am sure others would be interested in the paypal dispute details, just in a lounge type thread.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dsnakes, :)

It would behoove you to ask about the paypal in a separate thread. Feed back threads/forum only allow for buyer and seller post. All other post are deleted, this is a long standing rule.

I am sure others would be interested in the paypal dispute details, just in a lounge type thread.

Thanks.
Bump! Had to remove a few more comments.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back