Popbloom

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I was looking around at reef lighting for my 75g. I noticed PopBloom is relatively inexpensive is it cheap for a reason, or is it worth it?

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there’s one expensive item you need to hve on a reef, it should be lighting. I would try to research PAR put out from it, but if you can’t find anything, that should tell you something. When it comes to lighting, I always suggest trusted brands (Red Sea, AI, EchoTech, etc.)

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I was looking around at reef lighting for my 75g. I noticed PopBloom is relatively inexpensive is it cheap for a reason, or is it worth it?
Well there are more of a "different" sort of company.
I've had some dealings with them since they were called DSunY.
Not the most progressive company.
Thier Turing controller is pretty old school.
They try hard..
Below is an example of their current craftsmanship I guess. Green circles are the linear led driver IC's
Also use reflectors over lenses which is nice. Old style leds are relatively easy to replace if one goes bad.
I really have no real track record on the newer ones. Older ones lasted a long time.
They run the leds relatively "gently" so your output is a bit lower than other lights of its size I guess you could say.
The RS90 seems to get some love. Well a knockoff (or ??, I don't question who did what for Chinese products since a good many "may" just come out of the same factory) of the Redsea led.
With a bit of ones own FILTER you can reviews the Amazon reviews.

PopBloom S16 Saltwater LED Aquarium Light Mini Nano Fish Tank Lighting Reef LED Lamp 30W​

Direct Amazon links seem to not work anymore..

dsunyboarddrivers.jpg

Josh Will

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard good reviews on their RL90. You also can search it on facebook groups.

Raphael Dalmeida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 4 Pop Blooms RL90's on my tank.

They are a cheaper copy of the red sea lights.

Previous to buying these lights I had an old RS120 maxspect and I couldn't grow any SPS on them. Now my SPS is growing and colouring up nicely, specially the ones under 300-400 par areas.

The light hangs above at 35cm on top of my tank.

At approximate intensities of 100% Blue, 20% white, 35% cyan, 80% purple (night light ch2).

I've got approximately:

-300par at 30cm underwater directly below single light.
-400par at 15cm underwater directly below single light.

Measured on the VBR-Aqua PAR Meter.

Although I didn't isolate from other lights around. The tank is 120cm length x 90cm width, so I have the 4 lights centered at each corner quadrant, so there's some spacing between them.

Note that the light is 65w Blue, 10w cyanl Blue, 5w purple/moonlight, 10w white.

I control them through the app, and you can group or separate them and run at different schedules if you want. There's a lot of customization for the daily schedule, pretty easy to use.

Hope this helps!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back