Porcupine Puffer Advice

LianB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon!

We bought home our Porcupine Puffer called Boblee just over a week ago, he seems pretty happy, eating great since the day we bought him home. He is currently in the tank on his own, its a 5 foot 500 ltr tank. He is constantly rubbing up and down one side of the glass, he does move if i go to the tank sometimes but otherwise hes so focused rubbing himself up and down the glass. We know they are not reef safe but I have seen lots of Videos of Porcupine puffers with Coral, whats corals would be okay? We have one and he has left it alone. Would love some advice!

Thanks!
Lian ;Joyful

boblee.jpg

Kaysea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your new puffer! When you say he is rubbing on the glass do you mean he is running his beak on the glass or rubbing his body? Corals and puffers tend to be trial an error, in my experience some puffers leave corals alone especially when they are well fed (see devouring your CUC) while others will go after most every coral. I would stick to soft noxious corals to start (Actinodiscus, Rhodactis and Discosoma species) they are least likely to interest him. He may like my scribbled puffer take a hearty chunk out of each new addition to assess before ignoring it. Sometimes puffers will chow down on $$$ sps to wear down thier beak so my advice is to go slow and cheap with your additions.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back