Porcupine puffer

fisherpayton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently purchased a porcupine puffer fish (5 days ago) and so far I have attempted to feed frozen mysis, half shell clams but so far he has not yet attmpeted to eat and within 24 hours he has darkened in colour above his head and body, and he now sits at the bottom of the tank. I just note I have also freshwater dipped him

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently purchased a porcupine puffer fish (5 days ago) and so far I have attempted to feed frozen mysis, half shell clams but so far he has not yet attmpeted to eat and within 24 hours he has darkened in colour above his head and body, and he now sits at the bottom of the tank. I just note I have also freshwater dipped him

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Some additionally background information is needed to try and figure out what is going on here with your porcupine fuller. Here is a link to some helpful hints about posting a fish disease problem report:

Pictures may also help, but a short video can help me judge the puffers respiration rate.

Thanks,

Jay

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common reason for a porc not to eat is internal parasites, also not recognizing dead food. I would offer him some live ghost shrimp, and if they don't eat them, immediately treat with general cure.

Back