Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hope all is well down there... ;)
what did you name the pup ?
hope to see you back soon...:cool:

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe we are due for update here:D
Ask and receive!!!!! I am working on something, but not quite done yet lol. Got to prepare for the macro that will no longer be outside. Yes it is a super duper mess.

tempImageML6Hia.png

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like fun! ;Woot
That 100g tub is one of 2 lol. Not really fun trying to figure out how to fit all of this into a mini barn lol. Thinking of building a rack an putting the tubs in the garage. At least this way, I do not lose room in the fish barn. If done right, I will not lose room in the garage, I hope. Will be a work in progress here and there all week. Then out of town next week for the whole week and hopefully get to finish it up when I get back. Main concern is getting the APEX installed out here and the web cams live. This will be the first run at all tanks up out here and me not home.

Edit: All tanks/tubs moved inside. Macro was mostly grown outside in an 800g water trough, but has since been condensed and all LFS around me now have tons of clean cheato lol.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 100g tub is one of 2 lol. Not really fun trying to figure out how to fit all of this into a mini barn lol. Thinking of building a rack an putting the tubs in the garage. At least this way, I do not lose room in the fish barn. If done right, I will not lose room in the garage, I hope. Will be a work in progress here and there all week. Then out of town next week for the whole week and hopefully get to finish it up when I get back. Main concern is getting the APEX installed out here and the web cams live. This will be the first run at all tanks up out here and me not home.
Fish barn, reef garage, he shed/shack sound good to me haha.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got a froggie/angler somewhere in there?
Sargassam angler is in a biocube 29 in my oldest sons room. That is the easiest tank to deal with lol. Macro dominated and not a lick of rock left exposed. It eats, it poops, macro eats poop, it grows, and I trim macro. The bottle of cheato grow and a hair of alk/calcium is all that is dosed. Like 2ml of each alk/cal a week lol.

Missed a great deal on a red leaf fish the other day. Arrived at LFS about 5 minutes too late.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO IT!!!!!!!!!
Well, does the frag tub link to any other systems with fish? If so were fish QT'd? Most anglers, frog fish and those types are very succeptable to disease. Why the angler has his own tank.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, does the frag tub link to any other systems with fish? If so were fish QT'd? Most anglers, frog fish and those types are very succeptable to disease. Why the angler has his own tank.
nope.
separate systems.
one lonely blue/green chromis left in the tub.
everything else jumped out.
evolution gone wrong.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope.
separate systems.
one lonely blue/green chromis left in the tub.
everything else jumped out.
evolution gone wrong.:rolleyes:
The only worry I would have is adding new corals and something coming in on them. If it is a grow out and you are not going to add anything new, go for it. Just be ready to feed tons of live food until you can get it to eat frozen. 1 lb test fishing line partially stuck in a dead shrimp and bounced works wonders for getting them used to frozen. The angler is now on week 3 of only frozen that has vitamins injected into it. Still paying close attention to the fish though, as still not sure if he is getting the nutrition he needs. Kind of hard to beat gut loaded ghost shrimp lol.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only worry I would have is adding new corals and something coming in on them. If it is a grow out and you are not going to add anything new, go for it. Just be ready to feed tons of live food until you can get it to eat frozen. 1 lb test fishing line partially stuck in a dead shrimp and bounced works wonders for getting them used to frozen. The angler is now on week 3 of only frozen that has vitamins injected into it. Still paying close attention to the fish though, as still not sure if he is getting the nutrition he needs. Kind of hard to beat gut loaded ghost shrimp lol.
what's the concern with corals? not understanding that part.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated.

Macro tubs outside are now gone. Starting to get too cold.
Macro was thinned out locally and a slight restart of what I will be growing has changed.
Sump under 7' macro changed to a tub, so I can do cheato under it on a reverse light cycle.
Mangroves move to a bucket for now.
Large mess made lol.

Still have to sort it all out and figure out what I am exactly going to do. Have a massive order from Gulf Coast Ecosystems coming tomorrow, so got to figure it out quicky.

Also added a single fish to the macro growout. A 2" panther grouper. Like a little puppy dog at this point. Comes to the glass as soon as I walk up and has to be the easiest fish I have ever QT'd. Figured would let him grow up a little in here, as I have to reseal the 500, which will be his forever home.

tempImageDxE27V.png

tempImageAW03UJ.png

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated.

Macro tubs outside are now gone. Starting to get too cold.
Macro was thinned out locally and a slight restart of what I will be growing has changed.
Sump under 7' macro changed to a tub, so I can do cheato under it on a reverse light cycle.
Mangroves move to a bucket for now.
Large mess made lol.

Still have to sort it all out and figure out what I am exactly going to do. Have a massive order from Gulf Coast Ecosystems coming tomorrow, so got to figure it out quicky.

Also added a single fish to the macro growout. A 2" panther grouper. Like a little puppy dog at this point. Comes to the glass as soon as I walk up and has to be the easiest fish I have ever QT'd. Figured would let him grow up a little in here, as I have to reseal the 500, which will be his forever home.

tempImageDxE27V.png

tempImageAW03UJ.png
I absolutely love panther groupers, so much personality! Great choice. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back