Possible Divorce Frag Build

Current State:

In process of tearing down all tanks and putting things in tanks in the house.

One tank down and one to go.

IMG_7678.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all my parts for plumbing and about to plastidip the back side of the sump and part of the sides. It is too nice to actually paint lol.

While that dries, I will run to get a yoga mat for underneath it.

Plan is all written out and everything is staged and ready.
20398717-5F1E-4E8D-B3DE-765F17FD93A7.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, no progress besides getting sides and back painted on sump. Son went camping with friends, so we went out to dinner and then to downtown Nashville for a “date night”. The lady that puts up with all of this and me deserved it. Pounding down some Deathwish now and then the fun begins.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everyone has an idea of how tight this design is.

The first pic is of the return chamber and the baffle chamber. Return pump just barely fits in by 1/8”. Both pumps sit with 1/8” gaps from sides, back and each other. Being as I don’t want macro or sump fishes to go into that chamber, I have mesh in the intake part. Looking at the hole, it seems like the filter material will not fit in. The trick was to cut it to size, then cut in half. Then insert the 2 half’s in one at a time. When side by side, works as one piece. Being as I don’t want it to clog quickly or hinder pods from going for a return pump ride, I am using koi pond filter material. The black matala extra course is perfect. Small piece of egg crate to hold against the intake hole and all good.

The second pic is for the skimmer chamber. My reef octo 200 int fits just in the hole. Insert pump side in at an angle, stand it up straight and down it goes. Being as I do not run filter socks, no issues once in there. There was some strips of acrylic added for a small piece of egg crate to keep fishes out of that chamber and is removable, as one just slides up, turns at and angle and out it comes. Again, just barely lol.

Only thing I can say is, I wanted as much space for a fuge as possible and @Joe Glass Cages /team made it happen!!!!!!

CC9CA446-25D6-4FA8-B772-7830C5258AA6.jpeg

6A79DE21-0C80-4EBA-8524-29FB8B0835A5.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everyone has an idea of how tight this design is.

The first pic is of the return chamber and the baffle chamber. Return pump just barely fits in by 1/8”. Both pumps sit with 1/8” gaps from sides, back and each other. Being as I don’t want macro or sump fishes to go into that chamber, I have mesh in the intake part. Looking at the hole, it seems like the filter material will not fit in. The trick was to cut it to size, then cut in half. Then insert the 2 half’s in one at a time. When side by side, works as one piece. Being as I don’t want it to clog quickly or hinder pods from going for a return pump ride, I am using koi pond filter material. The black matala extra course is perfect. Small piece of egg crate to hold against the intake hole and all good.

The second pic is for the skimmer chamber. My reef octo 200 int fits just in the hole. Insert pump side in at an angle, stand it up straight and down it goes. Being as I do not run filter socks, no issues once in there. There was some strips of acrylic added for a small piece of egg crate to keep fishes out of that chamber and is removable, as one just slides up, turns at and angle and out it comes. Again, just barely lol.

Only thing I can say is, I wanted as much space for a fuge as possible and @Joe Glass Cages /team made it happen!!!!!!

CC9CA446-25D6-4FA8-B772-7830C5258AA6.jpeg

6A79DE21-0C80-4EBA-8524-29FB8B0835A5.jpeg

If I'm honest I do see a small snagette, ... it's still dry! ;)

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm honest I do see a small snagette, ... it's still dry! ;)
Getting there lol. Getting sump all ready to remove old, slide new in and the replumb it.

See progress, skimmer just barely fits lol. Plus see the drops of water, it is “technically” wet now lol.

7128C50D-75FD-4B15-861D-1CC3B09AA8D8.jpeg
O

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there lol. Getting sump all ready to remove old, slide new in and the replumb it.

See progress, skimmer just barely fits lol. Plus see the drops of water, it is “technically” wet now lol.

7128C50D-75FD-4B15-861D-1CC3B09AA8D8.jpeg
O

Really interested to see how it is running, love when people think outside the box. :)

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BOOM!!!! Now to get things cleaned up, wires redressed, etc.

Wife wants me to cut a whole on the panel that goes over this section. Little did she know, that was part of the plan lol.

853E8CCD-83A6-42C0-9A06-A929950CDFBA.jpeg
Your sump looks better than my DT, lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, that looks awesome!
Thanks man. Cannot wait until the few pieces of new rock have some color. 2 pieces of my KP rock and 1 small dock rock are in there, so the coralline will spread eventually.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back